No more “tithing settlement…”

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Re: No more “tithing settlement…”

Post by 2bizE » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:31 am

This has been touted as giving more time back to the bishop…I don’t see it. Now the sign up sheet will go up on the office door in September….so now the bishop has to do this from Sept to December…seems like more work.
~2bizE

alas

Post by alas » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:37 pm

2bizE wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:31 am
This has been touted as giving more time back to the bishop…I don’t see it. Now the sign up sheet will go up on the office door in September….so now the bishop has to do this from Sept to December…seems like more work.
I think the only benefit to the bishop is that he doesn’t have to get it all done in December. But the thing is, giving it a couple more months, means that they can nag and reschedule and reschedule until they get everyone finished instead of running out of time and the bishop just declaring for half the ward who don’t like to even do tithing nagfest. So, this will end up taking more time, but end up getting more people guilted into donating. Not save the bishop any real time, but bring in more cash.

Edited to add, when in doubt about the church’s purposes, just sing, “follow the money, follow the money, it tells the truth.

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 am

Here's how I'll do it, to save the bishop even more time.
Attachments
jba863sh0th91.jpg
jba863sh0th91.jpg (30.71 KiB) Viewed 699 times
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

slk

Post by slk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:51 pm

Someone smarter than me and also someone who was a little more active than me....wasn't it already changed to tithing declaration at one time? Like back in the 90s. I just remember tithing declaration being thrown around back in the 90s. Am I up in the night? Lol