Effectivemess of the Great Re-Branding

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Just This Guy

Effectivemess of the Great Re-Branding

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:49 am

The announcement that they are renaming tithing settlement got me wondering. Can anyone tell me how many of Rusty's rebranding exercises have actually stuck? I haven't been to church in a long time, so I don't know what the modern lingo actually is. From an outsider perspective, people use the term "Mormon" just as much as they did before. How about the other rebranding? Do they actually call it ministering, or do they still call it home/visiting teaching out of inertia?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Not Buying It

Re: Effectivemess of the Great Re-Branding

Post by Not Buying It » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:56 am

I'm not a good person to ask, I don't pay attention anymore. But I will tell you this - for someone who is supposed to be a mouthpiece of the Almighty, its a piss poor showing as a prophet, seer, and revelator when the best you can point to as evidence of your prophetic mantle is renaming some dumb programs 99% of the planet has never heard of. I guess when he cries "Wendy, it's happening" in the middle of the night and kicks her out of the bedroom, its only just because he thought of another program he hasn't renamed yet.

RMN is one hell of a nerfy prophet compared to his scriptural peers.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:06 pm

I wonder if God’s legal services Kirton McKonkie will need to undergo a rebranding of its own?
~2bizE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:32 pm

When Rusty made the announcement that the word MORmON was a major victory for Elder Lucifer F. Satan, one of the local news stations did a few "Man on the street" interview right outside temple square. One of the people they asked about Rusty's announcement was not a member, and after a clarifying question the non-member said: "Nobody cares."

For me, that sums up the effectiveness of the Great Re-Branding.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

slk

Post by slk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:14 pm

They have lots more rebranding up their sleeves. Anything to divert their attention when they make the news
Nelson: Looks like they're following through with Protect every child march today. Screw it, let the young women pass out towels at the temple!