My TikTok account got banned... and almost every 'violation' was videos of church leaders talking...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
jfro18

My TikTok account got banned... and almost every 'violation' was videos of church leaders talking...

Post by jfro18 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:27 am

This isn't a "woe is me" post because I had really stopped doing much on TikTok over the last ~3-4 months, but I do find it funny that I got banned and that almost every violation leading up to it was literally church leaders talking in their own words about LGBT, race, sexism, etc.

I realize that TikTok is not in any way an arbiter of truth or what is a great measure of morality (have you seen the crap on there?), but I think it's telling that in all my videos the ones that got me banned were the ones where I just let leaders speak in their own words.

It's really amazing that the ones getting flagged for hate speech aren't the "ex-Mormons" talking but the leaders of the Mormon church.

Red Ryder

Re: My TikTok account got banned... and almost every 'violation' was videos of church leaders talking...

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:56 am

Probably flagged and reported by the Mormon Church itself to silence you. Or Self righteous Mormons themselves.

Any way to to get unbanned?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Re: My TikTok account got banned... and almost every 'violation' was videos of church leaders talking...

Post by moksha » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:06 am

Does TikTok have an appeals process? YouTube has been known to reverse takedowns based on erroneous complaints, but with TikTok, you are dealing with a Chinese company.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:25 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:06 am
Does TikTok have an appeals process? YouTube has been known to reverse takedowns based on erroneous complaints, but with TikTok, you are dealing with a Chinese company.
They do, but they immediately rejected my appeal. I am sure there are more ways to get back on, but I'm also not really too motivated to really do much. Someone who was banned and reinstated gave me some email addresses to try so I need to give that a shot and see what happens.