Mormon Stories Question

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Mormon Stories Question

Post by moksha » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:56 pm

What happened with Jen and Gerardo at the Mormon Stories podcast? They were replaced with John's wife. This was a major change for the show without an adequate explanation. Any clues or information would be helpful.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

sparky

Re: Mormon Stories Question

Post by sparky » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 am

John did a "transparency update" episode a week or two ago where he talked about the reasons. You can find it on YouTube. He didn't mention employees specifically or the reasons they aren't there anymore, but basically he said Mormon Stories was doing too much, he and others were getting burned out, and he and the board decided they needed to cut back and rebalance things. So going forward they'll be reducing somewhat the content they're putting out in hopes of avoiding burnout in future.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 am

sparky wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 am
John did a "transparency update" episode a week or two ago where he talked about the reasons. You can find it on YouTube. He didn't mention employees specifically or the reasons they aren't there anymore, but basically he said Mormon Stories was doing too much, he and others were getting burned out, and he and the board decided they needed to cut back and rebalance things. So going forward they'll be reducing somewhat the content they're putting out in hopes of avoiding burnout in future.
Sparky, I also watched that episode, and that lead to my questions. John is still putting out many episodes, but with his wife Margi. Was the rebalance making it into a family business? What happened to his former crew?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

sparky

Post by sparky » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:16 am

Oh I see, didn't realize your question was prompted by that episode itself. In that case I don't have any more insight than anyone else. Hopefully it was a mutual decision.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 am

I stopped watching after season 3 so I don’t know. 😂

My guess is money and compensation don’t follow a decent return on time investment.

Perhaps like everything Mormon related, theirs a time factor in play to keep everyone’s attention span.

It’s almost like a MLM. You need a constant set of new disbelievers who can use the product in order to maintain and get laid.

Edit: I’ll keep the autocorrect typo. Ha ha ha.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg