Hear Him? Really? He will be there?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Hear Him? Really? He will be there?

Post by Hagoth » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:21 am

See, this is what I'm always going on about. I'm sure many of you got this invitation in your email:
Hear Him at General Conference

One of the ways we can hear Jesus Christ’s voice is through His called prophets, apostles, and other Church leaders that speak at general conference.

Think about questions that have been weighing on your mind, and then listen for answers the Lord will send you through His servants.
They look you straight in the eye and tell you that listening to the sociopathic ramblings of Oaks and Bednar is exactly the same as listening to Jesus Christ. I won't be listening to much, if any of conference, but if I did I would love to hear the voice of Jesus Christ telling those guys exactly what he thinks of them while their doe-eyed fan club watches on from all around the globe.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Linked

Re: Hear Him? Really? He will be there?

Post by Linked » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:52 pm

It's just too much! It's one step away from "We are God." And TBMs would look at you like you were a crazy anti-mormon if you tried to point out that this is problematic.

This is taking the Lord's name in vain.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:08 am

Super creepy cringey when you are on the outside looking in.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:44 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:21 am
They look you straight in the eye and tell you that listening to the sociopathic ramblings of Oaks and Bednar is exactly the same as listening to Jesus Christ.
Should it be accompanied by a hit of blotter acid?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:13 am

Hagoth wrote:
They look you straight in the eye and tell you that listening to the sociopathic ramblings of Oaks and Bednar is exactly the same as listening to Jesus Christ. I won't be listening to much, if any of conference, but if I did I would love to hear the voice of Jesus Christ telling those guys exactly what he thinks of them while their doe-eyed fan club watches on from all around the globe.
I have resisted full atheism, but one of the biggest evidences to me that no god is out there is that these guys and others like them are allowed to spout hurtful and damaging nonsense that leads often to tragedy without intervention and be honored and revered for doing so.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:14 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:44 am
Hagoth wrote:
They look you straight in the eye and tell you that listening to the sociopathic ramblings of Oaks and Bednar is exactly the same as listening to Jesus Christ.
Should it be accompanied by a hit of blotter acid?
Well, that would either be hilariously ridiculous or cosmically terrifying. Either would be a vast improvement upon the vanilla pablum.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:24 am

I gotta say that Jesus spoke to me, and I listened very carefully, but I couldn't understand much of what he said because he was speaking Spanish.