NOMference Eve Fall 2022

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference Eve Fall 2022

Post by MoPag » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:16 pm

Hello Loves!!!!!!

The spirit of Rusty like a dumpster fire is burring.... Burn b!tch burn!!!!

I'm feeling so salty towards all of the Q15 right now. Ugh, they are so gross. Like when does the bullsh!t stop??!?!?

Probably not tomorrow or any time this weekend! :lol: So for those of you forced to watch, or those of you like me who are just morbidly curious, join me for General NOMference tomorrow and Sunday!!!!

For the new members of our ward, let me explain what NOMference is.

NOMference is our way of taking back Conference. I know lots of you will be stuck watching with TBM family. So come on over to NOM and we will have some fun. We will have a live thread for each session where we can freely express our thoughts and feelings about what is being said. (within NOM rules of course) :)

You can also join in NOMference games. Here is how to play:
Each speaker starts with a score of 0.
You can take away points if you hear something you don't like.
You can give them points if you hear something you do like. We usually try to stick with n Hogwarts house points range so like 5, 10 and 20s. But if you feel the need to go crazy, go for it. General NOMfrence is for YOU!!!

Prepare tonight for the clusterf@ck we will partake of tomorrow.
Pamdrink.png
Pamdrink.png (86.59 KiB) Viewed 444 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Re: NOMference Eve Fall 2022

Post by moksha » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:42 am

The historical record owes MoPag a debt of gratitude, as well as those of us who read the transcript to find out what we missed.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:54 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:42 am
The historical record owes MoPag a debt of gratitude, as well as those of us who read the transcript to find out what we missed.
Hear hear!

Let the record so indicate.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:27 am

-10 Uchdorf for encouraging dualist thinking, advertising pitch, claiming church has all truth, all answers, that the only way to be happy is by staying in church. His talk is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords.

Perry's scheme outlines a student's nine-position progression from dualist thinking to relativist thinking and then to commitment.
Lowest dualist level: The authorities know; The true authorities are right, the others are frauds

-10 for targeting kids.
-10 for pretending to speak for god.
-10 for telling kids how to "groom" themselves

Wolves in sheep clothing, all of them.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson