NOMference Priesthood session Fall 2022

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Mormorrisey

Re: NOMference Priesthood session Fall 2022

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:13 pm

I love being on Team Tare. I just laugh at the Pearson's of the church trying to guilt my apathetic a$$.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Mormorrisey wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:13 pm
I love being on Team Tare. I just laugh at the Pearson's of the church trying to guilt my apathetic a$$.
Team Tare 4eva!!!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:20 pm

The best thing about this, it was done early. Two more to go! Thanks again, Mopag. Keeps me sane!
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:18 am

Just as an addendum to the Pearson talk, Sis M saw me typing furiously during it. When I told her what I wrote, she just grimaced and nodded. I'm pretty confident that this message will never reach ol' Kevin, but if it does, know this, Elder P:

When you've lost my lovely wife, you should probably stop your inane ramblings.

On another note, I discovered that Pearson was also the dude who told young people not to pray about going on a mission, as their baptismal covenant should ensure that they should just go. So his toolery bona fides are well established at this point.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:58 am

Mormorrisey wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:18 am
Just as an addendum to the Pearson talk, Sis M saw me typing furiously during it. When I told her what I wrote, she just grimaced and nodded. I'm pretty confident that this message will never reach ol' Kevin, but if it does, know this, Elder P:

On another note, I discovered that Pearson was also the dude who told young people not to pray about going on a mission, as their baptismal covenant should ensure that they should just go. So his toolery bona fides are well established at this point.
Nemo reports that Pearson is a member of the SCMC, so that helps explain the type of talk he felt he needed to give.

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:34 am

blazerb wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:58 am
Mormorrisey wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:18 am

Nemo reports that Pearson is a member of the SCMC, so that helps explain the type of talk he felt he needed to give.
Interesting. That does tie some things together, as he'd be on the ground for criticisms about the "brethren."