New revelation from Russel M. Nelson

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

New revelation from Russel M. Nelson

Post by Hagoth » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:34 pm

From this day forward Kirton and McConkie's primary purpose will be to protect, defend and promote healing for victims of sexual abuse, rather than protect and defend their abusers.

Psyche!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Re: New revelation from Russel M. Nelson

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:52 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:34 pm
From this day forward Kirton and McConkie's primary purpose will be to protect, defend and promote healing for victims of sexual abuse, rather than protect and defend their abusers.
Was this actually said?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: New revelation from Russel M. Nelson

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:41 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:52 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:34 pm
Was this actually said?
No. That's why I followed it with "psyche!"

It's what everyone wishes could happen, but it could never happen in the universe where people like Dallin Oaks have any power. It would make them seem too human. Like when Jonathan Streeter wrote that April Fools apology for the treatment of African-descended members. People received it so joyfully and then were so hurt when their hope was dashed by the realization that their leaders would never in a million years actually do something so humble and loving.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."