Remember When You First Learned Where Babies Come From?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Remember When You First Learned Where Babies Come From?

Post by deacon blues » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:31 pm

I'm writing in a honest, open, frame of mind here. I apologize if I offend or embarrass anyone. :)

I actually only have a vague memory of when I learned where babies came from, it was probably a slow realization between age 7-9. I think I was, like many/most kids, at first the whole thing sounded gross, and a typical thought was "Did my Mom and Dad really do that?-- Ugh!!"
Girls were still weird and mysterious when I was that age, but like most boys, I came to see them as interesting, then appealing, then mesmerizing.

I bring this up because I remember thinking same sex relations were gross. When I read "Everything You wanted To Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask", I skipped the Homosexual sections- this was 1970 folks. ;)

I bring this up because as a heterosexual, I initially found the idea of LGBTS relations gross. PDA's by guys were annoying. Lately I have noticed little to no irritation. Maybe I have just become acclimatized to the idea.
Anyone have similar or different experiences?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

dogbite

Re: Remember When You First Learned Where Babies Come From?

Post by dogbite » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:40 pm

I had bi experiences in the 70s.

I remember the public pressure to conform.