NOMference Fall 2022 Scores

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference Fall 2022 Scores

Post by MoPag » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:15 pm

I mean it was pretty meh and the scores reflect that. We didn't go above 85 or below 1,000.

Sister Browning wins NOMference for a very sweet talk that would make a great RS/Priesthood lesson. Oaks has positive points for I believe the first time ever. The toxicity was there for sure but it wasn't so in-your-face.

Browning +85
Uchtdorf +75
Yee +50
Causse +37
Dennis +35
Oaks +30
Silva +27
Pino +12
Johnson +10
Sitati +5
Montoya +4
McConkie 0
Zeballos 0
Eyring 0
Olsen 0
Schmidt 0
Eddy 0
Stevenson 0
Rusty Sun afternoon 0
Gong -5
Morrison -10
Craig -10
Holland -15
Anderson -20
Lund -20
Susan Bednar's husband -20
Ballard -25
Rusty Sun morning -50
Renlund -70
Rasband -70
Soares -100
Cook -150
Pearson -215
Christofferson -250
Rusty Sat morning -1,000

I wonder if Rusty will even make it to the next GC.

Special thanks to my counselors and NOMfernece participants and those who got a laugh afterwards from out threads. I love you all and I'm glad we can all navigate these NOM waters together.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Mormorrisey

Re: NOMference Fall 2022 Scores

Post by Mormorrisey » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:18 am

Thanks for your auditing report, President. It was far more accurate and transparent than the church's auditing report.

All hail Mopag!
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

alas

Post by alas » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:37 am

I noticed that when I did tune into NOMfrence, that there were not as many people participating. So, that might explain some of the low vote count, just not as many tuned in to put votes up.

My husband was even listening with earphones to his IPad. So, I wasn’t watching out of inability to escape it. I found out our television has not been hooked up for the summer. We have a gadget we take with us when we migrate north for the summer, and I had noticed we hadn’t turned on the TV much, but I didn’t notice that we never even hooked it up after migrating north this summer.

But then few tuned in would only explain the low NOM vote count, and not the lack of any reactions to talks on the blogernacle. There were no outraged feminist talks on Exponent II. Ziff did his normal breakdown of good, bad, indifferent on Z’s daughters, and didn’t mention anything that was really terrible, and he does mention anything terrible. There was nothing objecting to any talk on Wheat and Tares. And By Common Consent only put up a post about charitable giving. It was all just kind of a lack of any reaction. One big blah.

And I am not sure if that is good or bad. I mean, it was nice not to have doubters blasted, or those who leave ridiculed. But there also seemed to be a lack of anything really inspirational. Nothing excited anyone.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:41 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:15 pm
Susan Bednar's husband -20
[snicker]

By Zeus I hope that he knows about his official apostate title, and I hope it gets his pantaloons in a complete wad.

(And... By Zeus I am an angry, petty former believer. Oh well. I'm glad the title still makes me giggle a bit now an then.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...