Church of the Far-Right

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Church of the Far-Right

Post by moksha » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:38 am

Step right up folks and get your holy blessings here. Just pay your tithing and say three Heil Trumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjdJswbv1M
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

RubinHighlander

Re: Church of the Far-Right

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:05 am

Wow...it's actually pretty scary. Handmaid's Tale crap right there. It's a formula that has been working over and over again for our entire recorded history. Launch the nukes and bring on the planet killing comet, super right Jebus will sort it out.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 am

Not only is this the scariest thing I have encountered in my life, it's a degeneration of humanity that I thought could never happen again. It's very painful to watch it growing like this. It has been astounding to me realize how much Christian-oriented hatred has been seething just under the surface all this time. Now I understand why there has been so much pushback against things like "political correctness." There are so many people who simply have no interest in having respect or tolerance to people who aren't exactly who your ultra-narrow view of the world says they need to be. Really, really ugly. What many of these poor people (the credulous audience of these goons) don't realize is that if they keep supporting this and it becomes the norm it will eventually circle around to bite them in the ass, or to attack people they actually do care about and they will either have to either join the victims or the victimizers.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:38 am

I'm surprised no one thought of this before. :o Oh, wait. It's been happening for centuries, even millennia. At least back to 4000 B.C. :roll:
Gosh, but the hoarse fundamentalist preacher is an frightening mirror image of Hitler. :cry:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 am

The scariest part of this, is thinking of how politicians cater and grovel to these people.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:33 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:05 am
Wow...it's actually pretty scary. Handmaid's Tale crap right there.
That's exactly what I was thinking. That show (The Handmaid's Tale) really illustrates where we are headed if this new blending of an extreme religion and political power is allowed to take root. Scary as hell.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:52 am

The people in the video aren't what's scary. There are relatively few of them. What's scary is the greater number of normal people who are supporting that with their votes. The extremists in the video wouldn't have any power if it weren't for the normal people who give it to them.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:15 pm

It's like Twilight Zone.

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:41 am

Aligning with this thread, I watched a Hulu Documentary called "God Forbid" about the downfall of Jerry Falwell Jr. and the power and influence he had as President of Liberty University. It shows the absolute hypocrisy and the utter thirst for power.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:17 am

Wow Moksha! That was chilling!

stealthbishop wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:41 am
Aligning with this thread, I watched a Hulu Documentary called "God Forbid" about the downfall of Jerry Falwell Jr. and the power and influence he had as President of Liberty University. It shows the absolute hypocrisy and the utter thirst for power.
This was also really chilling! Along with the Falwell story--which was all kinds of creepy-- they really show the influence conservative Christian politics has had for decades and how overturning Roe vs Wade was this decades long, carefully crafted plan.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound