Tales from the Heretic in HC

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

Re: Tales from the Heretic in HC

Post by Linked » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:50 pm

Mormorrisey wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:02 am
OK.

I have reached nirvana with my calling, and I have never been so excited about this new relationship the church and I have. I recently received an email that a member of the stake presidency asked me very nicely to do an audit in the stake, and actually apologized for having me do it, knowing how much I absolutely detest, loathe and otherwise despair of doing audits.

This approach has actually worked, and I agreed to do it. But as long as those in charge recognize I don't really want to do anything, and they will only ask me to do things in desperation, knowing full well I might say no, then, this is relationship I want with church leaders going forward. I don't know if everyone would feel this way, but I'm just so pleased with this turn of events.

I guess I really am the ward weirdo.
Funny how treating you like a human being instead of voluntelling you to do things actually works.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

alas

Post by alas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:41 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:54 pm

We would never have a 90 year old whose fake and glory revolves being a heart surgeon from 50 years ago.
Red, I just read through your post again to kind of refresh my memory about what this whole tread was talking about and I noticed your typo. Has to be a Freudian slip, because it is just too good to be innocent, about the “90 year old whose fake.” We will just put the period there and leave it.

malkie

Post by malkie » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:47 pm

alas wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:41 pm
Red Ryder wrote:

We would never have a 90 year old whose fake and glory revolves being a heart surgeon from 50 years ago.
Red, I just read through your post again to kind of refresh my memory about what this whole tread was talking about and I noticed your typo. Has to be a Freudian slip, because it is just too good to be innocent, about the “90 year old whose fake.” We will just put the period there and leave it.
Hahaha.

I was reading to the end of the thread to see if anyone else noticed - well done, alas.

In fact, I was so pleased to see your comment that I won't even mention the grammar error you introduced in the selective quote :lol:
aka malkie

alas

Post by alas » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:28 am

malkie wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:47 pm
alas wrote:
Red Ryder wrote:

Hahaha.

I was reading to the end of the thread to see if anyone else noticed - well done, alas.

In fact, I was so pleased to see your comment that I won't even mention the grammar error you introduced in the selective quote :lol:
Nope, nope, nope. I was quoting you, so it’s your bad grammar.

malkie

Post by malkie » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:33 pm

alas wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:28 am
malkie wrote:
alas wrote:

Hahaha.

Huh?

What comment of mine were you quoting, alas? As far as I can see you were quoting Red Ryder.

Not that I care that much - I'm just puzzled.
aka malkie

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:56 am

If I'm following it right, the original quote was SUPPOSED to be:

"... a 90 year old whose faith and glory...."

But with typo became:

"...a 90 year old whose fake and glory..."

And Alas suggested it might be a Freudian slip and could stand alone as:

"... 90 year old whose fake."

Thus introducing a different typo with the word "whose" that should be "who's" if a period was placed after fake.

If boobs were placed after the word "fake" we'd have a Freudian nip.

malkie

Post by malkie » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:39 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:56 am
If I'm following it right, the original quote was SUPPOSED to be:

"... a 90 year old whose faith and glory...."

But with typo became:

"...a 90 year old whose fake and glory..."

And Alas suggested it might be a Freudian slip and could stand alone as:

"... 90 year old whose fake."

Thus introducing a different typo with the word "whose" that should be "who's" if a period was placed after fake.

If boobs were placed after the word "fake" we'd have a Freudian nip.
I liked alas' version (even with the introduction of the ungrammatical homonym :D ) , but yours is the breast! :D
aka malkie

alas

Post by alas » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 am

malkie wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:33 pm
alas wrote:
malkie wrote:

Hahaha.

In fact, I was so pleased to see your comment that I won't even mention the grammar error you introduced in the selective quote :lol: :? :? :?
:?: :?: :?:
Huh?

What comment of mine were you quoting, alas? As far as I can see you were quoting Red Ryder.

Now I am confused too, because I thought there was one where red said it was bad grammar, but now I can’t even find it. :?

malkie

Post by malkie » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:47 pm

alas wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 am
malkie wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:33 pm
alas wrote:

:?: :?: :?:
Huh?

Now I am confused too, because I thought there was one where red said it was bad grammar, but now I can’t even find it. :?
Oh, well :)

But I did leave something for you to have a dig at me for in my comment in reply to Cnsl1. https://newordermormon.net/viewtopic.php?p=92912#p92912

You're welcome :D
aka malkie