I'm a Mormon campaign.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

I'm a Mormon campaign.

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:48 am

I came across an old "I'm a Mormon ad on youtube. Some observations:
Typically the sidebar of youtube features a variety of topics. When I brought up a I'm a Mormon video the side bar was almost 100% LDS subject matter.
The new campaign, "Come Unto Christ" has views from the thousands to the tens of thousands, the "I'm a Mormon" videos are typically in the hundreds of thousands.
What's going on here? :shock:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

jfro18

Re: I'm a Mormon campaign.

Post by jfro18 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:58 pm

I believe it's a combo of two things:

1. The longer a video is up, the more views it will get even if it's a small but gradual increase.
2. More importantly, I think the church was pushing a lot more $$$ into the I'm a Mormon videos so they probably got a much bigger trajectory of views early on which would help point 1 in getting incremental views over time.

Just a guess, of course. Bill Reel and RFM did something about the church's YouTube ad buys the other week and it was pretty fun to see especially given how Sheri Dew completely misrepresented it as a miraculous thing.

nomnv

Post by nomnv » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:52 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:58 pm
I believe it's a combo of two things:

1. The longer a video is up, the more views it will get even if it's a small but gradual increase.
2. More importantly, I think the church was pushing a lot more $$$ into the I'm a Mormon videos so they probably got a much bigger trajectory of views early on which would help point 1 in getting incremental views over time.

Just a guess, of course. Bill Reel and RFM did something about the church's YouTube ad buys the other week and it was pretty fun to see especially given how Sheri Dew completely misrepresented it as a miraculous thing.
Could you share a link to that video by RFM? Didn’t see it after doing a quick scan. Thanks!

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:59 pm

nomnv wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:52 pm
Could you share a link to that video by RFM? Didn’t see it after doing a quick scan. Thanks!
The YouTube link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lEhuNwhgiY