Don't care anymore

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Random

Re: Don't care anymore

Post by Random » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:24 pm

Ghost wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:21 am
That said, I was just thinking the other day about what a relief it was when I crossed a threshold and all of the Mormon pressure melted away. It's been long enough that I can't really feel that contrast anymore but I can still remember it.
It really is nice to have that gone.

I am so glad I am no longer emotionally invested in the religion. I keep what has served me, what seems good, and have been discarding the rest. Not always easy - but with all the changes of the last few years, I feel like an outsider (which doesn't bother me at all).
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Keewon

Post by Keewon » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:45 pm

I got two tattoos in January- does that count for not caring? Imagine me- a 70 year old getting tattoos!

I actually got them for the purpose of reminding myself about two disciplines I try to keep in mind constantly, practicing mindfulness and always asking questions. So I got an "M" on my left hand and a "?" on my right.

I got COVID19 the week I got the tattoos -- boy would the brethren jump on that one! -- then one night when I was sitting at my desk at 1 a.m., unable to sleep, I thought "Why the hell did I do that? I don't even like to look at them, so how are they going to remind me of anything other than to practice better judgement next time? And I may as well have had "apostate" tattooed on my forehead." I am still not out to my extended family. So maybe I still have some holdout caring.

The good news is that now I don't care so much, and the 'toos have been actually doing their job of late. ;)

Random

Post by Random » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:15 pm

If you got the tattoos without guilt, it counts in my book.

I think not out to your family is caring about them and their reaction, not anything to do with the corp and what it can or will do to you - or if the God they claim as their own will punish you for getting the tats.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

PalmSprings

Post by PalmSprings » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:04 pm

Great thread as I've been gone for a long time also. For the most part I don't care much about the Church also. Although as time has gone by, I've realized my anger was (for the most part) not against the church, but against certain individuals within the Church. Still don't believe it's the one true church and I'm vehemently against it's corporate ways. From my perspective it neither takes a true stand publicly about it's doctrines, nor does it say anything against them. In other words they tow the line trying not to offend anyone on either side, whilst trying to keep as many members inside as possible. Duplicitous really.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:33 pm

PalmSprings wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:04 pm
In other words they tow the line trying not to offend anyone on either side, whilst trying to keep as many members inside as possible. Duplicitous really.
Yep. Namby pamby. Wishy-washy. Don't take a real stand on much of anything.

PK