Woman riles up Sarasota Springs Priesthood

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Woman riles up Sarasota Springs Priesthood

Post by moksha » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:48 am

The Saratoga Springs police chief, assistant police chief and city manager dismissed a woman’s complaints and requests for help after an officer sexually assaulted her in 2019, effectively covering up the alleged attacks, a new federal lawsuit contends.

Saratoga Springs officer Kevin Norris, who resigned in 2022, sexually assaulted the woman twice in 2019, then repeatedly harassed, stalked, threatened and intimidated her, the complaint filed Monday alleges.

When the woman reported Norris’ alleged assault and misconduct to Assistant Police Chief William Robertson, who is also named as a defendant, he dismissed her, telling her that “Elders will be boys,” the complaint states, and threatening that he would “create trouble” for her if she “mentioned the inappropriate conduct to anyone.”

Over the course of about two years after the alleged assaults, Robertson wanted to “run [the woman] out of the city,” the complaint accuses, arguing that led to an improper police search of her home “based on exaggerated or false claims,” as well as officers “following her on errands, parking by or near her home” and other “improper law enforcement behavior.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/sa ... 6ffba04b5d
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

nibbler

Re: Woman riles up Sarasota Springs Priesthood

Post by nibbler » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:14 am

"Elders will be boys"

That's a new one.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 am

If I'm not mistaken the actual article says "Boys will be boys". Am I wrong there?
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:48 pm

Palerider wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 am
If I'm not mistaken the actual article says "Boys will be boys". Am I wrong there?
Sounds even worse because of that tautology thing.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:42 pm

Wow!!

That poor woman and her family...
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Linked

Post by Linked » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:15 pm

This would be a nightmare, that poor woman and family. I hope she gets some recompense, safety, and closure.

I knew the perp as a kid, it's sad that this is the first thing I've heard about him since then.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:44 pm

A cop abusing someone. In other news, the Sun rose in the East this morning. I don't see how people still defend police after so many such examples.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League