Thoughts on priesthood blessings and feeling the spirit meaning the church is true

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
malkie

Re: Thoughts on priesthood blessings and feeling the spirit meaning the church is true

Post by malkie » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:56 pm

In my Patriarchal Blessing, I was told a few strange things about seeking goals in the high mountains.
"Stake Patriarch" wrote:... Thou art able to proceed directly by building hanging bridges over the
crevices and bends of the mountain sides and thy direction thus remains
direct. ...
At the end of the blessing, the Patriarch told me that he had never before given such a blessing, or anything like it, and had no idea where his words came from.

He also told me that when my sons were ready to receive their blessings I should not bring them to the Stake Patriarch (him or anyone else), but must bless them myself, and have the blessings recorded.
aka malkie

Red Ryder

Re: Thoughts on priesthood blessings and feeling the spirit meaning the church is true

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:41 pm

That’s interesting.

So do you plant to follow his direction and give the blessings yourself?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

malkie

Post by malkie » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:40 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:41 pm
That’s interesting.

So do you plant to follow his direction and give the blessings yourself?
If they and I had been active at the right time in our lives I would have, but it's too late (in different ways) for all of us. Neither son has had his PB, and I think it's unlikely that they ever will. And although I haven't been kicked out, or resigned, I'm out mentally, and have been so for many years.
aka malkie