Nemo's letter

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Nemo's letter

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:19 pm

Nemo the Mormon wrote a letter calling for a disciplinary council to hold the First Presidency accountable for their financial fraud, as required by the church's Handbook of Instructions. He is calling on members everywhere to send this letter to their stake presidents.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hW6Lk- ... olJEZ/view
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Re: Nemo's letter

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:42 pm

1. Is it possible for a church, attached to a corporation for tax purposes, to oust the officers of the corporation's board of directors?

2. How likely is it that the board of directors will demand an immediate super secret ex-communication of Brother Nemo before its April Conference?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:44 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:42 pm
2. How likely is it that the board of directors will demand an immediate super secret ex-communication of Brother Nemo before its April Conference?
Once again shooting themselves in the foot by showing their true colors. I hope they do. The one thing they have no tolerance for is truth-speakers.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:12 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:44 am
moksha wrote:
Once again shooting themselves in the foot by showing their true colors. I hope they do. The one thing they have no tolerance for is truth-speakers.
And... There will be no such thing as "super secret" if LD$-Inc. tries to remove Nemo's membership "rights". Everyone who knows anything about Nemo will know exactly what's going on.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:06 pm

moksha wrote:
No chance - as stupid as they are, I think they are well aware that excommunicating Nemo would elevate him exponentially and would expose that many more believing members to the work he's done which carries IMO a more effective tone than many out there when it comes to church history.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:50 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha…

Hold themselves to the same standard as the members?

Never going to happen.

They already closed the matter.

Why does anyone think these men are ever going to be held accountable when they actively pay sexual abuse victims to keep quiet by paying monetary settlements and signing non-disclosure agreements? They’ll never be held accountable to the high religious standards they expect from their own members. They’re above the law. THEY ARE GOD’S LAW BECAUSE THEY SELF CLAIM TO BE GOD’S SERVANTS AND PROPHETIC MOUTHPIECE.

let’s entertain for a half second how a disciplinary council will go down. First off, who would preside and run the council? One of the 12 not in the first Presidency? An independent council? An outsider? Who?

Disciplinarians: why did you commit securities fraud?
FP & PB: God told us too!
Ensign Peak: we follow the Prophet!
Disciplinarians: how do we know God told you to?
FP: because we said so and we’re his prophets!
Disciplinarians: case dismissed…

It’s so stupid to think a disciplinary council could even be held! Hey Steve… slap your own wrist and sin no more.

It makes me angry to see the blatant organizational dishonesty get simply overlooked by the sheep!

It’s time for the members to wake up!

If you want them to be punished then stop paying them money. A stupid letter to a stake president isn’t going to do anything.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:34 pm

The problem is that the entire operation belongs to one man. Russel M. Nelson. Everything else is just an appendage to that company. He owns it. All of it.

It is his church building, his university, his employees making the decisions. Legally, it doesn't matter what the scriptures say. It matters what the articles of incorporation say. There is no way for "members" of the church to hold the CEO accountable. Thinking that there is is just delusional. It is Mickey Mouse, Peter Pan, fairy tale land. It is all make believe. There is a reason we sing "Follow the Prophet". He owns it all. We call it a kingdom. The peasants don't get to vote out a king. Make no mistake. The king is Rusty. He isn't going anywhere until he dies. The king is dead? Long live the king.

-lost

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:33 pm

Ok. By raise of hands, how many folks here think that Nemo himself actually believes that letters to Ribeye Presidents would actually result in a "disciplinary council" for the top 3 stooges of LD$-Inc. ?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Nah. It's just a funny/creative way to point out the blatant hypocricy of the top brass. Maybe a letter might actually wake up a steak president here or there?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:11 pm

Yeah your right. I let my anger get the best of me.

“Ribeye Presidents” 😂😂
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:36 am

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:34 pm
The problem is that the entire operation belongs to one man. Russel M. Nelson. Everything else is just an appendage to that company. He owns it. All of it.

It is his church building, his university, his employees making the decisions. Legally, it doesn't matter what the scriptures say. It matters what the articles of incorporation say. There is no way for "members" of the church to hold the CEO accountable. Thinking that there is is just delusional. It is Mickey Mouse, Peter Pan, fairy tale land. It is all make believe. There is a reason we sing "Follow the Prophet". He owns it all. We call it a kingdom. The peasants don't get to vote out a king. Make no mistake. The king is Rusty. He isn't going anywhere until he dies. The king is dead? Long live the king.

-lost

DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!!

Lost for the win! :)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:49 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:11 pm
“Ribeye Presidents” 😂😂
To be clear: That is blatantly plagiarized from a user on some other website. :roll:

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:40 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:33 pm
Ok. By raise of hands, how many folks here think that Nemo himself actually believes that letters to Ribeye Presidents would actually result in a "disciplinary council" for the top 3 stooges of LD$-Inc. ?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Nah. It's just a funny/creative way to point out the blatant hypocricy of the top brass. Maybe a letter might actually wake up a steak president here or there?
Exactly. Nemo is just trying to push a message a little bit deeper to the fuzzy middle management area of the church in hopes that someone might actually even think about the problem. Everyone knows these guys will never be held accountable, but the hypocrisy of their behavior, relative to the rules that they themselves have created, needs to at least be pointed out.