The other side

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

The other side

Post by Korihor » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm

Eventually, somehow, we can make it to the other side of this journey.

Don’t lose hope. Take a rest occasionally, as long as you need. Never stop.

It will probably take many more months and years, many more tears - than we could have imagined.

For some, the journey will be much longer, others it will be shorter. For some the journey will be steep and other less so.

There are no magical incantations to lighten the burden or shorten the path. There will be a few that abandon you on this journey and a help will come from a few unexpected sources.

But you must walk this journey, most of it you will be alone - albeit physically, emotionally, mentally or some combination of these.

You can do it
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Angel

Re: The other side

Post by Angel » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:38 am

Korihor wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm

.. you must walk this journey, most of it you will be alone - albeit physically, emotionally, mentally or some combination of these.

You can do it
Not alone, just not in unhealthy codependent controlling jail anymore - have to get used to new types of healthy relashionships.

"Follow the crowd and lose your soul, follow your soul and lose the crowd. Do not fear the time of isolation, for soon your soul tribe will appear."

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.
Live it up NOMies :)
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hagoth

Re: The other side

Post by Hagoth » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:03 am

The only note I ever wrote in the blank pages at the back of my scriptures was when Jeff Holland spoke at our stake conference: "The only way out is through - Jeffery R. Holland"

He was 100% right. He just didn't understand what those words really mean. It takes a lot of courage to get all the way through the dark forest, rather than pitching a tent in the middle and deciding that will just have to do.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."