Sealing rules?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Wonderment

Re: Sealing rules?

Post by Wonderment » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:00 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:02 am
Thanks Pale for the response.

It answers the question but creates more.

That means that polygamy is still a part of the doctrine despite the efforts to distance. Makes sense considering D&C 132 is still around.

The conversation I was having came to an abrupt end when the ladies shut it down stating that God wouldn’t make them have to participate in eternal polygamy.
These ladies are engaging in wishful thinking. Of course they have to participate. As long as D&C 132 is still around, they have to particpate. Why would they think that they have any choice about it? Celestial marriage is certainly part of the deal. There is nothing in church doctrine that says "optional for women." Mormon women have absolutely no options. None. :roll:

alas

Post by alas » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:06 pm

Wonderment wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:00 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:02 am
Thanks Pale for the response.

It answers the question but creates more.

That means that polygamy is still a part of the doctrine despite the efforts to distance. Makes sense considering D&C 132 is still around.

The conversation I was having came to an abrupt end when the ladies shut it down stating that God wouldn’t make them have to participate in eternal polygamy.
These ladies are engaging in wishful thinking. Of course they have to participate. As long as D&C 132 is still around, they have to particpate. Why would they think that they have any choice about it? Celestial marriage is certainly part of the deal. There is nothing in church doctrine that says "optional for women." Mormon women have absolutely no options. None. :roll:
Yup, a woman’s choices are to submit or be destroyed. She doesn’t even get to choose a lower kingdom.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:02 am

An energy-saving ceiling rule is to use all LED bulbs.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:31 am

One rule for women, one rule for men, but trust me...you are all equal before the Lord.

-lost

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Ummm, sexism?
~2bizE

Gatorbait

Post by Gatorbait » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:14 am

This sealing business is vexing is it not?

First of all, a lot of Mormons get married way too young because they want to have sex without the guilt. By the time they figure out that they made a mistake and are incompatible with their choice, they're into their second or third curtain climber. Wife has hormone issues, husband can't deal with it and pow- divorce. Or other prob-lem-os. Kids are caught in the cross-fire. Pitiful, sad and way too common.

Seems like the Lord can sort all that out in the here-after, so what's the fuss?
"Let no man count himself righteous who permits a wrong he could avert". N.N. Riddell

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:27 am

Wonderment wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:00 pm
These ladies are engaging in wishful thinking. Of course they have to participate.
Aw c'mon, Wonderment. You know they have agency. They can choose either to participate or to be destroyed. It's right there in the Word of God.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."