LDS church playing hoochy cooch for Chinese

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Palerider

LDS church playing hoochy cooch for Chinese

Post by Palerider » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:15 pm

"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

nibbler

Re: LDS church playing hoochy cooch for Chinese

Post by nibbler » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:31 am

The ethics? Morals? Future consequences? I'm sure the church would do anything to open China up to missionary efforts.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:50 am

Interesting
An investigation by The Associated Press has found that China and its U.S.-based advocates spent years building relationships with the state’s officials, lawmakers, and religious leaders. Those efforts have paid dividends at home and abroad, the AP found: Lawmakers delayed legislation Beijing didn’t like, nixed resolutions that conveyed displeasure, and ushered in new manufacturing ideas to support the need for lowering costs of the dominant religions need for cheap polyester religious underwear.

When asked, church officials stated, “it’s an outward expression of our inner commitment to work with China. We hope that we can come to an agreement as well as open their border to proselyting so that their culture and people can come to know the benefits of wearing the authorized pattern in an effort to better worship Jesus Christ. However this can’t be done until they first learn about Jesus Christ and convert to Mormonism. Giving up green tea will be tough.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:35 pm

I think the idiots currently in leadership are utterly naive when it comes to dealing with the Chinese Communist Party government. Ezra T. Benson is spinning in his grave.

Wasn't it in a conference talk where someone made the analogy about the person who picked up a poisonous snake when it was cold and then was bitten later as the snake warmed up? The snake stating, "You knew what I was when you picked me up."

This stupid church does nothing except what it considers to be in it's own selfish interests. It cannot see the future consequences of it's actions.

They're going to get a "revelation" alright...... but it's going to be ugly and too late.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:02 pm

When I was a missionary, I remember people asking if I worked for the CIA…apparently, that is a concern.
“SPY AGENCY INTEREST

China’s interest in Utah is not limited to its officials and advocates who are engaged in diplomacy, trade and education. U.S. officials have noted that China’s civilian spy agency, the Ministry of State Security (MSS), has shown an interest in Utah, court records show.

In January, former graduate student Ji Chaoqun was sentenced to eight years in prison on charges related to spying for China. The Chicago student told an undercover agent he’d been tasked by his spy handlers “to meet people, some American friends.” He was baptized at a Latter-day Saints church and told the undercover agent he’d “been going to Utah more often lately” before his arrest, according to his Facebook page and court records.

Ron Hansen, a former U.S. intelligence official from Utah, pleaded guilty to trying to sell classified information to China. Hansen said China’s spy service had tasked him with assessing various U.S. politicians’ views towards China. The FBI found the names of Utah elected officials among sensitive files he stored on his laptop, court records show. Hansen was sentenced in 2019 to serve 10 years in federal prison.

Hansen was well known in Utah political circles and helped organize the first ever annual U.S.-China National Governors Forum, which was held in 2011 in Salt Lake City, according to court records and interviews. The U.S. State Department cancelled the forums in 2020 due to concerns about Chinese influence efforts.”
~2bizE