NOMference Eve Spring 2023!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference Eve Spring 2023!!

Post by MoPag » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:33 pm

Hi everyone!!!

Guess what time of the year it is?
Pamdrink.png
Pamdrink.png (86.59 KiB) Viewed 495 times
It's NOMference time!! So if you are stuck watching with TBM family, just morbidly curious, or just wanna hang out and make fun the people who used to control our lives, join me here tomorrow.

To those of you who've just moved into the NOM ward or those of you visiting, let me explain what NOMference is. We are going to hang out on a live thread and watch GC together. Each speaker in GC starts with a score of 0. It's up to us to decide how crap their talk is. So you get to award points or take them away. We try to keep it around Hogwarts House points styles mostly 5s, 10s, 20s. But if you're really feeling it, go for it! And you can post funny memes or stories, eat an edible, just do whatever you need to do to get through the weekend.

We aren't going to let those turds in red velvet chairs pass off their mediocre sermons, toxic insecurities and stupid a$$ stories as messages from God.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Mormorrisey

Re: NOMference Eve Spring 2023!!

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:52 am

Best. President. Ever!

Thanks Mopag for all you do. My extremely useful thoughts and prayers are with you for this year's NOMference.

I am stuck elsewhere for this year, and my participation will reflect my increasing apathy for all things Mormon. So I will read the commentary with great delight, knowing I'm not listening to the dreck firsthand.

Have a great NOMference!
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:35 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:33 pm
Hi everyone!!!

Guess what time of the year it is?

Pamdrink.png

It's NOMference time!! So if you are stuck watching with TBM family, just morbidly curious, or just wanna hang out and make fun the people who used to control our lives, join me here tomorrow.
I love that you are willing to do this, MoPag....thank you! I no longer watch any sessions, but I enjoy reading your posts and the comments as each session progresses. You actually make it fun :)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:55 am

I have a work training session to go through this weekend, but eagerly await anyone willing to return and report.
Thank you MoPag!!
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:47 am

Thanks to those of you who are going to sit through this and entertain people like me who aren't going to watch any of it.

You're all legends!