Missed somethings in conferece

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Just This Guy

Missed somethings in conferece

Post by Just This Guy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:42 am

Normally I get a warning that GC is upcoming by all the conference memes that people post on Facebook. Either people are not hyping GC as much or I have trimmed my FB friends to the point they don't post conference stuff. Ahhh... Ignorance is bliss.

However, I do follow a couple ex-mo groups, and I have seen several references to plastic water bottles. What did I miss? Even on Mopag's conference summary pages. What is the deal with water bottles? I am missing something here.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

lostinmiddlemormonism

Re: Missed somethings in conferece

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:45 am

It is literally "follow the prophet". Apparently, Rusty turns is plasic water bottle upside down and crushes it then puts the cap on the bottle to save space in the recycling box. All the other GA's started doing it that way because it is important to "follow the prophet".

I kid you not!

-lost

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:52 am

Thank you, Lost.

Wow. Just... Wow. they are getting lamer than ever with their talks.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:25 am

What about the key question of financial deception and law-breaking that was engaged in to keep the members from knowing the extent of the Church's wealth?

Will this elephant in the room be avoided to perpetuate the Church's deception? Must deceptiveness be the defining characteristic of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints forever?

(BTW, I am really enjoying listening to Bach being played on Music and the Spoken Word.)
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:36 pm

Was there not a Sunday afternoon session?
Edit: I’ve been mostly out of Mormonism since Covid and forgot what times conference was held. +10 for me.
~2bizE

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:20 pm

So did they really talk about crushing their plastic water bottles like Nelson?

I wish someone would have said I stopped using plastic water bottles cuz it's better for the environment to just use a reusable bottle. Hell, let's just buy all of them expensive Yeti water bottles and make a big deal that LDS leaders are helping the environment! They could even call it revelation. But, like with everything, they are behind the curve by about a decade. Right now they're recycling. Yay. Good job for not throwing the water bottles out the window anymore. Oh, and you're saving space by collapsing it down? Omg, genius! Follow the prophet everyone. He knows the way.

🙄

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:09 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:20 pm
So did they really talk about crushing their plastic water bottles like Nelson?

I wish someone would have said I stopped using plastic water bottles cuz it's better for the environment to just use a reusable bottle.
I'm amazed they even bother to recycle. Their religion is all about anxiously waiting for the world to go completely to hell so Jesus can come and fix it. The thought of a sustainable, peaceful, healthy world full of happy people is intolerable to millenarian fundamentalists.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."