Goodbye to J.S. and History !!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Conman52

Goodbye to J.S. and History !!

Post by Conman52 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:10 pm

Hello my fellow Nomies : Happy Easter to all. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on Joseph Smith and the fact that the church seems to be moving away from talking about him . I have noticed a big shift in this area the past couple of years and maybe it's driven by Rusty trying to go mainstream . History of the church in general seems to be trending this way as well. What do you folks think ??? One last thing I think more and more members are ditching the Wow to drink coffee and tea myself included true or false ?? God bless.
By their fruits ye shall know them

Angel

Re: Goodbye to J.S. and History !!

Post by Angel » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:53 pm

Conman52 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:10 pm
Hello my fellow Nomies : Happy Easter to all. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on Joseph Smith and the fact that the church seems to be moving away from talking about him . I have noticed a big shift in this area the past couple of years and maybe it's driven by Rusty trying to go mainstream . History of the church in general seems to be trending this way as well. What do you folks think ??? One last thing I think more and more members are ditching the Wow to drink coffee and tea myself included true or false ?? God bless.
Let's hope the church is going mainstream, perhaps in some utopian future it will all be preached as the non-literal reality it is, with new lessons on Joseph about not following adulterous treasure-digging pedophiles, while still learning to love everyone.

There's another history thread now - just didn't want to leave this one hanging.

In class this morning, I taught - if we don't learn from history, it was all in vain, they all died for nothing... but if we can learn from past mistakes, all those who died and suffered, their lives mean something if we can learn - and change - thanks to what they taught us.

History doesn't need to repeat itself. Keep the baby, throw out the bathwater.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hagoth

Re: Goodbye to J.S. and History !!

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:14 pm

Angel wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:53 pm
History doesn't need to repeat itself. Keep the baby, throw out the bathwater.
But only after taking a good, close look at the baby.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."