Godless

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Palerider

Godless

Post by Palerider » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:48 pm

Watching this fictional, dark themed Western on Netflix called "Godless". The main antagonist (deep sociopath) is a character who, as a young child, was part of the Fancher party that was massacred at Mountain Meadows. He was under 8 years of age and so spared of death but then raised by one Isaac Haight, who "taught" him all about God and made him the man he became.

Pretty twisted in many respects but I'm surprised by how accurate the writers were on the Mountain Meadows debacle. Somebody did their homework on this particular and they are not kind to the church even a little. These writers didn't buy into the church self-justification one bit. In their telling of the story the church is totally responsible.
I guess the only people the church is fooling are their own members. :|
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Spicy McHaggis

Re: Godless

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:34 am

I watched the first episode and really like it then kind of forgot about it. This is a good reminder, I need to go back and finish it.

Hagoth

Re: Godless

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:17 pm

I watched when it came out and really liked it. I totally forgot about the MMM connection!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."