Mid 60’s divorcee

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Meilingkie

Mid 60’s divorcee

Post by Meilingkie » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:00 am

Talked to the mom of an old exmo-friend.
And she said:

I wish my husband loved and cherished me as much as he did the Church.

And I admit to having lost a lot of sleep over that.
Last edited by Meilingkie on Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Angel

Re: Early 70’s divorcee

Post by Angel » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:22 am

I recently heard a new story about my grandmother. My grandfather worked at a clothing company in HS, and bought her fancy cloths as a way to show her he loved her. My grandmother was always the best/fanciest dressed of everyone because of it.

What I didn't know, granny did not like those clothes. They weren't her style. She wanted to dress like everyone else. She didn't say anything.

I've seen this in women more than men - but men have it too. Women bow their heads to their husband, and husband's bow their head to the church. What is it called?
people-pleasing - having an excessive need for approval. Some people go to great lengths to gain acceptance, validation, and positive feedback from others. They prioritize the opinions and desires of others over their own needs and preferences, over their family, sacrifice their own well-being. It stems from fear of rejection, low self-esteem, a desire to avoid conflict. Rating and ranking in the tribe -what calling, what clothes, what popularity.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:41 am

I can relate to the earlier posts when my wife told me she loved the church more than me !!! That cut me very very deep. That's was 2 years ago and she has never apologized. I am still to this day contemplating divorce over it as she is a super TBM and refuses to see anything wrong with what the tscc does. Even the 60 minutes sec story she claims is anti mormon . I am trying to deal with it as I have for the past 9 years but I have to admit to myself it's becoming harder every day. I mentioned I would like to visit a non denominational christian church but she had to bring out the nukes and mention the D word. I don't see this ending well. Thanks
By their fruits ye shall know them

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:21 pm

Conman52 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:41 am
I can relate to the earlier posts when my wife told me she loved the church more than me !!! That cut me very very deep. That's was 2 years ago and she has never apologized. I am still to this day contemplating divorce over it as she is a super TBM and refuses to see anything wrong with what the tscc does. Even the 60 minutes sec story she claims is anti mormon . I am trying to deal with it as I have for the past 9 years but I have to admit to myself it's becoming harder every day. I mentioned I would like to visit a non denominational christian church but she had to bring out the nukes and mention the D word. I don't see this ending well. Thanks
I relate to this, started attending an Non-Denominational. Divorcepapers were served within the year.
Ironically she started reading and quit the Church soon afterwards.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"