Les Miserables Do You Hear the People sing

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
stuck

Les Miserables Do You Hear the People sing

Post by stuck » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:58 am

I went to Les Miserables last night in Salt Lake. I really like the song Do you hear the people sing. And reading the lyrics reminds me of those of us who have changed our beliefs or have left the church. Sometimes I feel like it would be cool to start a revolution. But I guess it's already started some more overtly than others. And for some of us we have to be a bit more subtle to be able to get along with our spouses and family right? Here is a link to the lyrics--https://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/les ... _sing.html

Thoughts?

MoPag

Re: Les Miserables Do You Hear the People sing

Post by MoPag » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:30 pm

That's one of my favorites too. I think we are all a part of our own revolution. Sometimes the most rebellious act is to be ourselves in a culture that despises nonconformity.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:35 pm

MoPag wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:30 pm
That's one of my favorites too. I think we are all a part of our own revolution. Sometimes the most rebellious act is to be ourselves in a culture that despises nonconformity.
Love this! Can I borrow it? 😂
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:58 pm

I know my Grandma was a fan of the book since she named one of her children Valjean. The 25th anniversary showing on PBS was really something.

I can well imagine Elder Thénardiers being one of the Brethren, and of course, Elder Javert.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:45 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:35 pm
MoPag wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:30 pm
Love this! Can I borrow it? 😂
Of course!! :D
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound