Feelin the feels.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Angel

Feelin the feels.

Post by Angel » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Is it just me, or can anyone else feel joy/stress/desperation/anger/relief from others when it relates to you?

In my job, and in my family - Rollercoaster of a summer -

When someone else is in a pinch and relying on you to pull them out - can you feel the tug, feel their knot in your stomach?

Have you felt another's anger when you hold them accountable, confront them? After hitting send on email - you can feel when they read it?

Joy too - when they've worked so hard, struggled, and you get to be the one to say - you aced the test - you can feel that joy.

I think we really are connected to one another. The spirit - its not God- its feeling one another.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Palerider

Re: Feelin the feels.

Post by Palerider » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:21 pm

Is this the definition of an "empath"?
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:30 am

Yep to all the above except maybe the part where you feel WHEN they read an email.

Angel

Post by Angel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:36 am

OK -so the amygdala transmits signals to the hypothalamus, we have transmitters and receivers inside our brain - our brain is generating signals, and receiving those signals. So you go to the doctors, and we have clumsy receivers -EEG, fMRI, MEG - clumsy affairs compared to the natural receivers in the brain - but we can detect brainwaves, magnetic fields, electrical signals with instruments outside of the skull - the signals that are being generated and transmitted inside our brains do not magically stop when they hit our skull.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33732922/
Recently, direct brain-to-brain communication (DBBC) outside the conventional five senses has been verified ...

You know how your beloved pet dog - they come in the room, and you can measure your hearts sinking up.
https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/true-love- ... dy-1403040

Service animals - it works
https://casper.com/blog/sleeping-with-your-dog/
We bring puppies in during finals week to lower stress on campus.

Piloerection - the hairs on the back of your neck will stand up.

direct brain to brain communication -I think for DBBC to work you have to really know the person, or the pet dog - it has to be your beloved pet who has lived with you. Your bodies sink up with one another - like a bunch of ladies all in sink when living together. I guess it also works at things like concerts, or angry mobs - something will sweep through the crowd. Sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell - those are part of it, they amplify it, but I think there really is a 6th sense.

It doesn't verify truth, it is not from God, its from one another.

Pretty neat.
Last edited by Angel on Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:05 am

Palerider wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:21 pm
Is this the definition of an "empath"?
I was going to ask this too.

Enmeshment also correlates. Our Mormon lives are completed enmeshed with our personalities. That is until we deprogram and deconstruct. Then we fall apart trying to rebuild our authentic self.

Great topic Angel. I’ll find time to surf your links.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:08 pm

Up until the last couple years I was a skeptic of these things. Now I just don't know because I've experienced some things that feel like they go beyond coincidental probability.

I've definitely increased in empathy with my dw and we are often in synch emotionally and somewhat physically, especially if she is suffering some pain. But this year has been stranger than usual with life events causing a plethora of emotional angst, sadness, grief, stress, depression, etc., like I've never had before. The tug of the adult children needing things has been difficult this year. I've also been going through what feels like some post covid lethargy brain fog bs.

On top of this, DW and I keep experiencing the unsettling creepy digital feed, where products, songs, topics, etc., just appear for things that have come into your mind but have not been spoken, could not have been known. There's lots of examples here in many areas; just yesterday dw was thinking about a type of sandal she wore in the 80s, she had not thought about them since then but a later that day an add popped up in her feed and there they were. This is an example of where it could still be coincidence and probably is, but it was so odd on the timing and these thing happen more an more as time goes on.
Chip in the brain?
Advanced unspoken of AI algorithms so good they really got you pegged?
Phone can read your brain waves?

I'm not much on conspiracy bs, but based on my experience and dw this past couple years, we are getting spooked almost daily now. I understand that even if my phone doesn't have a digital assistant enabled and is not set to listening mode, it probably is anyway. Or that someone else's phone in range is listening. But when a random thought about an obscure object or song or something else shows up in your feed within a few minutes to hours....

Maybe it's just whatever that effect is when you buy a new car and you've never seen it on the road before, but the minute you drive off the lot they start showing up everywhere...likely, maybe...

Beyond the thought reading silicon based unchecked exploitations, there are the human to human connections that my dw experiences with her family and friends. She's pretty skeptical about any mystical crap, just like me, but I have hundreds of instances of experiences she's had that are hard to explain.

Looking forward to browsing those links Angel.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:51 am

Or... heart to heart connections.

Electromagnetic sync has been empirically demonstrated through EKGs.

https://www.heartmath.org/research/scie ... unication/

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:00 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:08 pm

Advanced unspoken of AI algorithms so good they really got you pegged?
Phone can read your brain waves?

Yea. BMI tech is fascinating.
https://youtu.be/s7kAJTdvYU4

https://www.nature.com/subjects/brain-machine-interface

Nikola Tesla was messing around with this stuff from the very beginning :)

PS - I'm an engineer, don't like the "mystic" label either. I do like the idea that we are all - literally - connected to one another.
drops of water in the ocean.

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:55 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:51 am
Or... heart to heart connections.

Electromagnetic sync has been empirically demonstrated through EKGs.

https://www.heartmath.org/research/scie ... unication/
Love it -

"The heart is the most powerful source of electromagnetic energy" - heart is controlled by brain, but yes - bioelectronics :) just renewed my cpr certification - if those AED's are any indication -3000 volts - what it takes to jump start a heart, what that heart does after its started. An ECG reads it, crazy electrical engineering going on in there.

I'm not an EE, need to study it all more - love this video on electromagnetism: https://youtu.be/bHIhgxav9LY

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am

Lost a friend this morning to cancer. In Muslim tradition, burial happens the same day - everything is too fast - too soon. She's my age. She won't see her daughter graduate.

The mantras you repeat to yourself to keep from losing it - they're not gone, they've just moved to a different place". My mind is pulled to the same mantra, the same place it always returns to with loss.

Just got some really good news too - special student recieved scholarship. Rollercoaster.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:17 pm

Angel wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am
Lost a friend this morning to cancer. In Muslim tradition, burial happens the same day - everything is too fast - too soon. She's my age. She won't see her daughter graduate.

The mantras you repeat to yourself to keep from losing it - they're not gone, they've just moved to a different place". My mind is pulled to the same mantra, the same place it always returns to with loss.

Just got some really good news too - special student recieved scholarship. Rollercoaster.
I'm sorry for your loss Angel. ((Big Hugs))

This is a fascinating thread though. I love the heart beats in sync with dogs!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:07 am

MoPag wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:17 pm
Angel wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am

I'm sorry for your loss Angel. ((Big Hugs))

This is a fascinating thread though. I love the heart beats in sync with dogs!!!
Their kiddo is such an amazing person, doing biomedical research in college. The things that motivate you... I have a kiddo who just graduated HS, and is out right now on clinical - 24hr shift riding around in ambulances. He has picture of family next to computer - during class, learning emergency response- what if it was my mom? What if it was my sister? My dad? It's not a boring textbook or lecture with the "what if" question in mind.

We're all connected. FBC's- family by choice - who we choose to care about we become connected to. Our hearts beat together. We can feel one another's joys and pain.

We can choose to care about everyone if we're brave enough. We live on within the people we become connected to.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:29 pm

In Mormonism we often get the stories of someone getting an impression that someone else, and even someone unknown to the one with the impression, is in need of assistance. I tend to accept that we may well have avenue of communication between us that or science has yet to study in depth.

Where I differ from the religious person is that I tend to see the communication as peer to peer, whereas religions want to make it client-server. Religions want to put an intermediary, and by extension their own authority, in the middle of that communication. God learned the need from the one in need, and sends Holy the Wimp Ghost to inform someone else that can help. But how did humans communicate before the development of spoken and written language? Could we have other pathways that connect us that are largely dormant due to disuse? In my model we don't need a "server" for the network to transmit and receive messages.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:45 pm

DPRoberts wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:29 pm
In Mormonism we often get the stories of someone getting an impression that someone else, and even someone unknown to the one with the impression, is in need of assistance. I tend to accept that we may well have avenue of communication between us that or science has yet to study in depth.

Where I differ from the religious person is that I tend to see the communication as peer to peer, whereas religions want to make it client-server. Religions want to put an intermediary, and by extension their own authority, in the middle of that communication. God learned the need from the one in need, and sends Holy the Wimp Ghost to inform someone else that can help. But how did humans communicate before the development of spoken and written language? Could we have other pathways that connect us that are largely dormant due to disuse? In my model we don't need a "server" for the network to transmit and receive messages.

It's not just Mormons, everyone in every faith and group has those stories / experiences.

Haha, no intermediary.

Also, best not to interpret those sensations as verifying truth, or verifying danger etc. It's just tuning into other people, other critters.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:39 am

Angel wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:45 pm
DPRoberts wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:29 pm

It's not just Mormons, everyone in every faith and group has those stories / experiences.

Haha, no intermediary.

Also, best not to interpret those sensations as verifying truth, or verifying danger etc. It's just tuning into other people, other critters.
I have seen people in so many religions who have had those experiences. There are religions that insist on telling you what your spiritual experiences mean, and there are those that let the person own their experiences. I think those experiences indicate that we don't need an intermediary to any higher power (whether it's God or the universe). We can take ownership of our feelings without letting others interpret for us.

Angel

Post by Angel » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:11 pm

My youngest and I just watched kung fu panda 3 - really good actually. The moral - Your real strength comes from being the best “you” you can be. So who are you?

Panda becomes a teacher, has horrible first day trying to get everyone to be like him, - the end they defeat the bad guy with - you do you - everyone figuring out who they are, following their own strengths, their "chi".

The bad guy stold everyone's chi, used them as puppets.
The good guys - learned how to find, and share, their chi.

Chi is a good name for it.

A few painful posts on fb. Old friend I volunteered at elementary school with lost son (my son's age) and husband in drunk driving accident. He was going to start college in August. Another friend whose kid is in hospital.

Religious people say "sending prayers"
Athiests say "sending our thoughts".

People might get upset - but really are sending thoughts.

Or, to not upset, say sending my prayers - not praying to intermediary - but thinking directly to them.

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:25 am

Sending thoughts to you as well, Angel. That sounds like something that hits too close to home.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Gatorbait

Post by Gatorbait » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:54 pm

Great topic. I agree with you Angel. I also feel a connection. The tap on the shoulder, the tug. Something's there, at least I think so.
"Let no man count himself righteous who permits a wrong he could avert". N.N. Riddell

Angel

Post by Angel » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:59 am

Thanks DP&Gator. I'm gearing up for spending time with the religious relatives - love those guys, but also trying to protect kiddo. Had good talk on roadtrip up here about all the different groups - with examples from our own family. I think a simple "we're non-denominational" is best?

Not "none", spirituality / chi - it's a part of life.
Non-affiliated? I'm still their family/friends, we're affiliated.

Non-denominational has a Christian vibe.

Is there a term for those who are friendly to everyone regardless of religious or political views? For politics I'm independent - for religious, I don't know. Universalism might be closest?

It might be fun to have a - what are you now? thread where everyone explains their new beliefs, and also explains how they interact with their more dogmatic friends/family. I'm heading into nature for a bit, will not even have cell phone access :) just FYI, will not post for a week or so.