The Brigham Wheel

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

The Brigham Wheel

Post by moksha » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:17 pm

A whole bunch of cities around the world have huge Ferris Wheels to let tourists (and locals) have a fun experience while seeing the city from above. How neat if SLC had such a wheel. They could name it appropriately enough the Brigham Wheel. Could even locate it on the Temple Grounds so as to bring in potential converts.

What do you think? Do you have any other ideas that could benefit the city, etc...?

**Bronze statues of Spencer W. Kimball and Yoda sitting on a park bench?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: The Brigham Wheel

Post by Hagoth » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:21 am

A Tunnel of God's Love where you drift past hypnotic animatronic reenactments of church history/fantasy until you are eventually led underground into the temple and run through meat grinders, and then molded into perfect Mormon McNuggets. All monies are carefully extracted from your person during the process and donated to "charity."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:38 am

How about a "No Fun House" where someone takes 10% of your money and shushes you all the time you are walking around looking at pictures of Norse gods in native American garb.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:45 pm

A Ferris wheel to view the city?

That would actually be fun; In the Morridor, you have to hike Ensign Peak for the view. (Fun, but not as fun as a Ferris wheel.)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:18 pm

How about a medium sized saltwater aquarium with 15 large sea Groupers attempting to swim around in it? Big fish in a small pond so to speak. Some varieties of Grouper have the ability to change color and skin patterns depending on their surroundings.

Hmmmm......
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:32 pm

A dented boat sailing around in circles in the Great Salt Lake, where some old guy hauls you on board and offers you stale crackers, then throws you off again because you're not overjoyed.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:33 pm

I've often thought the Conference Center could fit a Space Mountain sized indoor roller coaster inside along with several simulation rides. Cumora Coaster and Wings Over Moab and probably a few more.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:23 pm

OMG this thread!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about a taffy pulling shop run by Elder Holland. Bednar could have a pickle stand.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 am

I'd like to see a new dinosaur exhibit up at the natural history museum: "How evolution created the Mormon church".
It would depict a Jurassic sauropod eating a small chunk of banded jasper in N. America, then migrated south east of the Finger Lakes area where it pooped it out as a smooth gastrolith stone. It was then buried in sediment until it was dug out of a well by a young sapient soothsayer. Boom, you got a billion dollar boys club in just a couple hundred years!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE