Another Mormon Stake President arrested for abuse of a child

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Another Mormon Stake President arrested for abuse of a child

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:16 pm

https://floodlit.org/a/a720/
David George McConkie
was a former LDS stake president, LDS bishop and deputy district attorney in Colorado, and paternal grandson of former Mormon apostle Bruce R. McConkie; arrested on August 30, 2023; charged in September 2023 with felony sexual assault on a child by someone in a position of trust
A former Stake President gets arrested and the church sends out this letter? Tone deaf but I guess you have to let the judicial process play out and the Saviors love can bridge that gap! Whatever….

“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

RubinHighlander

Re: Another Mormon Stake President arrested for abuse of a child

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:47 pm

Ug...and a McConkie to boot.

WTH did they sign that letter "Warmly"
That just adds to the creepiness of the whole corporation IMO.

They expect you to follow the Savior's example, but their 2nd anoint anointy has the upper crust off the hook.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:52 am

Back when it was announced that my stake president and 1st councilor were being sued as part of a suit about their actions to enable and protect a known child molester, DW was vocal about her support of the victims and their families, partially because she knew one of the sets of parents very well. The family of the SP invited DW and me over so they could "set the record straight" and explain things for us.

DW somewhat politely told them to basically f*** off. This whole incident was the shelf breaker for DW and me. Both of our testimoes were shatters within a few weeks of this breaking.

The church will protect their chosen ones and do what they can to coverup their evil. There are rumors that people who get their 2nd anointing get a white ceramic pitcher and basin as part of the ceremony. They are commonly displayed in the homes of these couples. I have vague memories of such a pitcher and bowl on a book shelf in the home of that SP. However, I could easily be mistaken for this. That being said, if it is true, then that SP had a 2nd anointing. I'm not surprised that LDSinc. would help protect one of their elect from the legal consequences of their actions.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:50 am

I just discovered this:

https://floodlit.org/

FLOODLIT.org reports on sexual abuse cases involving members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

alas

Post by alas » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:30 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:50 am
I just discovered this:

FLOODLIT.org reports on sexual abuse cases involving members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).
Yes, but that mug you see first thing is Tim Ballard, and he is the guy who has a lady who talks to the ancient dead, never existed in the first place Nephi, to get directions on where child victims of sex trafficking are so that he can rescue them.

I am not saying this site cannot be trusted with the information it provides, but I don’t want to support a nut case by giving a lot of credence to his websites.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:01 pm

alas wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:30 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:50 am
I just discovered this:

Yes, but that mug you see first thing is Tim Ballard, and he is the guy who has a lady who talks to the ancient dead, never existed in the first place Nephi, to get directions on where child victims of sex trafficking are so that he can rescue them.

I am not saying this site cannot be trusted with the information it provides, but I don’t want to support a nut case by giving a lot of credence to his websites.
Alas, it’s not affiliated with Ballard. It has his picture and info listed as one of the more recent cases. Assuming it alludes to the recent allegations.

The pictures and info from the latest cases show up in the banners. The other guy shown is McConkie.

It’s a legit organization that has been tracking all of the cases as they come up in the news.

From the About page:
FLOODLIT.org compiles and publishes reports of sexual abuse or sex crimes allegedly committed by members or leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – the LDS church or Mormon church.

We also conduct research and publish reports about responses by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly referred to as the LDS church or Mormon church) to individual sex crime accusations, allegations of organizational misconduct regarding sexual abuse, and public demands for reform.

FLOODLIT is not an advocacy organization, and we take no position on possible solutions for any crisis.

Our mission is to report fairly and accurately on this important topic, and to help survivors be heard.

We launched in December 2022 with approximately 450 accused persons in our database.

As of January 1, 2023, we had over 500 cases in our database, and over 8,000 visits to our website.

Our information about each case comes from publicly available sources, such as police records, court documents or mainstream media articles.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

alas

Post by alas » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:05 pm

I suppose if I had not had a knee jerk reaction to Tim B, I could have checked all that myself.

Note to self, avoid knee jerk reactions to jerks.

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:03 pm

Were there any GC talks on how to handle church leaders who are pedophiles?
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:24 am

Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:03 pm
Were there any GC talks on how to handle church leaders who are pedophiles?
Some thing about an angel with a flaming sword…?

Gatorbait

Post by Gatorbait » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:08 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:52 am
Back when it was announced that my stake president and 1st councilor were being sued as part of a suit about their actions to enable and protect a known child molester, DW was vocal about her support of the victims and their families, partially because she knew one of the sets of parents very well. The family of the SP invited DW and me over so they could "set the record straight" and explain things for us.

DW somewhat politely told them to basically f*** off. This whole incident was the shelf breaker for DW and me. Both of our testimoes were shatters within a few weeks of this breaking.

The church will protect their chosen ones and do what they can to coverup their evil. There are rumors that people who get their 2nd anointing get a white ceramic pitcher and basin as part of the ceremony. They are commonly displayed in the homes of these couples. I have vague memories of such a pitcher and bowl on a book shelf in the home of that SP. However, I could easily be mistaken for this. That being said, if it is true, then that SP had a 2nd anointing. I'm not surprised that LDSinc. would help protect one of their elect from the legal consequences of their actions.
This is interesting. Don't know much about the second anointing business. The cover ups seem to have been going on from the very beginning of the church, but when it comes to covering up for someone for child abuse of any kind- well there's got to be a corner of hell where those evil degenerates go.
"Let no man count himself righteous who permits a wrong he could avert". N.N. Riddell

Angel

Post by Angel » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:32 pm

I wonder if its like JW's, with list of 144,000 (church judges who goes to heaven, not god)
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson