Think Celestial??

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Think Celestial??

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:03 pm

I heard a few clips from President Nelson’s talk.

But decided to come up with a few of my own.

1. **Celestial Office Supplies**: Imagine a celestial office with angelic employees using halos as hula hoops and harps as keyboards. Their celestial staplers shoot out glitter instead of staples.

2. **Celestial Commute**: Picture angels stuck in celestial traffic jams, flying on their way to work but getting caught behind a cloud congestion. Honking with harp sounds, of course.

3. **Celestial Snacks**: What do celestial beings snack on? Maybe it's "Divine Donuts" that glow with heavenly light or "Seraphim Sundaes" topped with actual sunshine.

4. **Celestial Fashion**: Imagine fashion shows in heaven where angel models strut their stuff in robes adorned with twinkling stars and halos that double as fashion accessories.

5. **Celestial Sports**: What would celestial sports be like? Perhaps "Halo Hoops" where angels dunk through cloud-made basketball hoops or "Cherub Chess" with flying chess pieces.

6. **Celestial Bloopers**: A blooper reel of angels accidentally losing feathers while trying to perform celestial acrobatics or playing pranks on each other with disappearing halos.

7. **Celestial Pets**: What kind of pets might celestial beings have? Maybe flying unicorns as pets or cherubs trying to train heavenly squirrels.

8. **Celestial Social Media**: Angels posting their celestial selfies on "HaloGram" or having a "Heavenly Tinder" to find their celestial soulmates.

9. **Celestial Karaoke**: Angels belting out otherworldly songs in karaoke, where missing a note causes a temporary rain of feathers instead of boos.

10. **Celestial Language Barrier**: The misunderstandings that could happen when angels from different realms try to communicate but end up speaking in glowing hieroglyphs or heavenly gibberish. Aka reformed Egyptian.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Angel

Re: Think Celestial??

Post by Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:59 pm

I was out of town for conference, did not listen to any of it, but am now seeing the commentary in social media threads.

As an educator focused on student success rates and doing everything I can to pull everyone (not a select few) through course material, all religious groups - and Mormons are not the only ones to do this - who believe in low student success rates really bother me.

I've said it before. If there is any heaven, I will be the last one there. If it doesn't work out well for everyone, it will not work out well for me either. It isn't a god if everyone can't be pulled up to the same level. It's the teacher's fault, it is the fault of unfair unequal environments.

Not celestial? It takes a tribe. Point fingers at environment and neighbors.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:54 pm

"Celestial Marriage"

[SHUDDER]
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:23 am