Salacious Bible Stories in School board meeting

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Salacious Bible Stories in School board meeting

Post by deacon blues » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:58 pm

I just saw a wacky, funny Youtube post. Some comedian gets up in a School board meeting and reads some of the nasty stories from the Bible. It may be totally staged, I can't tell. But it cracked me up. :lol:

(1) Comedian Trolls 'Moms For Liberty' And They CAN'T Handle It - YouTube
www.youtube.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oee1ACUcfic
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Hagoth

Re: Salacious Bible Stories in School board meeting

Post by Hagoth » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:52 am

Man, that guy let the Bible off easy. He left out stuff like praising David's army for dashing babies heads against the rocks, and this gem from Ezekiel: "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:35 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:52 am
Man, that guy let the Bible off easy. He left out stuff like praising David's army for dashing babies heads against the rocks, and this gem from Ezekiel: "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
Past Ecclesiastes the Bible is written to warn you what went wrong with Israel.
“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; “For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him” (D&C 18:10–11).

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:10 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:52 am
Not to mention Song of Solomon. Yes, I know Joseph said it was uninspired, but it's still in my quadruple combination. :shock:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:11 am

Hey, here is an LDS cosmology question I was wondering about. Have LDS elders of the past commenced populating their planets with their horde of sister wives, or is everything on hold until the end of the upcoming millennium?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:59 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:11 am
Hey, here is an LDS cosmology question I was wondering about. Have LDS elders of the past commenced populating their planets with their horde of sister wives, or is everything on hold until the end of the upcoming millennium?
That's a great question that I have wondered about myself. I remember a general understanding, when I was a kid, that Joseph Smith had been resurrected and was already out there being a God somewhere. Then I learned that Joseph's body was exhumed in 1928. If his bones hung around in the grave for 84 years, I assume they're probably still there. Looks like even the mighty prophets will have to wait until the Morning of the First Resurrection™ to start their god-thing.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:35 am

Hmmm. Jesus's body was missing from the tomb, but Joseph's was still in the grave nearly 100 years later? There's some 'spaining to do. :roll: