Financials, it broke my DW´s shelf

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Meilingkie

Financials, it broke my DW´s shelf

Post by Meilingkie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:31 am

My son is 17 now, so 5 years ago he turned 12, and he was invited to come and go to the Temple.
He was, we weren´t. Because we were unworthy. We hadn´t ponied up the dough to gain admission to the House of the Lord.
So he went alone, with my MIL+FIL.
The year afterwards we went, with a recommend to attend both our kids. But I felt guilt about not being there for my son the year before.
And so did my DW.
One year later our EQP was elevated to the office of Bishop (3 years ago), and a short time afterwards we were taking a walk, new bishop and me.
He had to confess he felt guilt, towards us, for he had had a recommend, without paying tithing.
The previous bishop was best buddies with the new bishop, and had given him a pass on tithing.
Both of us were deeply in debt, both of us walked a paperround to make ends meet, both did not pay tithing.
However, even though I had been his counselor old BP didn´t give me a pass, I though we were friends, no it turned out.

DW took it very hard, former BP´s wife was her best friend in Church, and this has caused a rift now, a big one.
So at a BBQ last year I asked old BP, now in the Stakepresidency why??
And he said: I felt I had too, because he´s my last friend I had as a YM who is still active, and you Meilingkie, sorry, you are not that important to me.

Nice to hear. Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.
Judges in Israel are even more corrupt than those in Bananarepublics.

At about the same time, in the early summer of 2015 my best friend, a former member of the Stakepresidency related us about the financial scandal in the Stake.
Well, that was the final straw for DW.

Church, it´s vile and corrupt.

No more tithing, no more interviews, no recommend, no templevisits.
And we have stuck with it. Just one more time to attend a SIL´s wedding, and then the recommend expires and we can toss it.
Phoney no more, but be authentic in our attitude towards Church.
Note: Church and Gospel for us are not the same, not by a long shot.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

SeeNoEvil

Re: Financials, it broke my DW´s shelf

Post by SeeNoEvil » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:47 am

This is horrible! What a jerk of a BP! I admire your strength in staying for the SIL and..... for not punching the BP out! Good news is it sounds like sometime soon you and DW will be walking out hand in hand!
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57