Your tithing dollars at work!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Your tithing dollars at work!

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:09 am

Another real estate project is in the works.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — one of the largest private landowners in Arizona — plans to develop a gated rental community in Queen Creek.

https://www.abc15.com/news/business/lds ... C2u2rVGvHk
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

stuck

Re: Your tithing dollars at work!

Post by stuck » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:56 am

Wow I think you or whoever said it was true--the church is becoming a real-estate business!

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:08 am

Have they announced a Queen Creek temple yet? I suppose that's next.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:23 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:08 am
Have they announced a Queen Creek temple yet? I suppose that's next.
This easily could be a possibility in the near future. 🤣

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:36 am

We can do this on our own. I have mentioned a college subsidized by HOA yet there is so much more.

When members collateralize their own assets to invest in each other without bankers nor businessmen there are no salaries nor services charges to cause entropy.
“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; “For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him” (D&C 18:10–11).

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:52 am

Bonfire wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:36 am
We can do this on our own. I have mentioned a college subsidized by HOA yet there is so much more.

When members collateralize their own assets to invest in each other without bankers nor businessmen there are no salaries nor services charges to cause entropy.
By HOA, you’re referring to a Home Owners Association?

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:46 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:52 am
Bonfire wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:36 am

By HOA, you’re referring to a Home Owners Association?
In a way, yes.

I am suggesting everyone shares their artist or philospher in campuses or newspapers by contributing to discussion boards.

Distributing building costs across multiple homeowners by organizing contributions into dividend earning stock allows participants to directly support themselves or those around them as they care about the college or their colleagues.

Delivering meals or papers to subscribers on day six better prepares everyone to survive the sabbath.
  1. Local Social Digest
  2. Friend Inroads
  3. Garage Dorm "Alice's Restaurant"
  4. Meal Subscriptions
  5. 3D Printing
  6. PO Box
  7. Autocarts
  8. Edutainment Curriculum
  9. Expositions
“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; “For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him” (D&C 18:10–11).

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:30 pm

You’re thinking of a like minded community like this?

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/73493761
Concerned about the growing insanity of the world? We invite you to build in our resident-owned, off-grid community.
1,298 acres of mostly-wilderness property was purchased by OSR Green, LLC. We're establishing an off-grid garden-farming village where you can work remotely while building a low-tech farm.
The purpose of the town is to help every resident to produce all their life-sustaining food, water & power! The hope is that every household will also have its own cottage industry of some kind so that Coslor Cove will have a large variety of local goods and services to choose from.
**Watch our initial virtual tour video here:**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNFvkqVphqM
About the Project
Coslor Cove is modeled after OSR's successful off-grid community in Utah -- Riverbed Ranch. Over half of the 250 lots there have been spoken for.
The focus of a co-op is to minimize costs, not to maximize profits like 99.9% of land developers. Once OSR Green gets Coslor Cove, AZ, up and running, they will deed all 1,298 acres to the Arizona OSR Land Co-op. That co-op will eventually be managed by a board of locally-elected residents.
Progress
Coslor Cove already has:
A Welcome Center where our pre-tour introductions are held,
Multiple "Casitas" where members can stay while building out their homesteads,
Our own road grader to smooth out the roads the county doesn't maintain,
A beautiful pond,
A co-op store that offers basic items like toothpaste, energy bars and Gatorade.
A large greenhouse,
A tool rental program for members, and
A tractor with multiple accessory tools.
Benefits
Membership in the Arizona OSR Land Cooperative gives you these benefits:
A cooperative's equivalent of a title to 2 acres at the Coslor Cove farm-steading community (it's called a proprietary occupancy agreement and can be bought and sold).
Opportunity to use some of the additional acreage for agricultural projects of your choosing.
Opportunity for group purchases of products and services needed to build your homestead.
Opportunity to sell your products and services through the co-op,
The opportunity to spearhead the creation of businesses to provide jobs, goods and services to members of the community and/or outside customers.

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:30 pm

No, I am seeking to reward local homeowners that want to sell so others around them can buy their place to use as community centers that act as halfway houses.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:55 am

Bonfire wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:30 pm
No, I am seeking to reward local homeowners that want to sell so others around them can buy their place to use as community centers that act as halfway houses.
What about zoning laws or neighbors that may not want to live next to a half way house/community center?

Currently in Edmonton, the city is pushing out the homeless that gather at the local shelter because it’s next to the new billion dollar hockey arena. So they purchased a building a few km away and now those people are upset because they don’t want the homeless relocated into their neighborhood.

So what do we do to balance the needs of the haves and the have nots?

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:13 am

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:19 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:55 am
Bonfire wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:30 pm
What about zoning laws or neighbors that may not want to live next to a half way house/community center?

[...]

So what do we do to balance the needs of the haves and the have nots?
I could understand why a neighborhood may not like the idea when there is no dividend nor passive income. However, the suggestion I made is to publish a local social digest with links to online discussion boards which covers the college expenses, providing revenue to participating supporters. Homeowners or household heads would be interested in such an establishment because when children or visiting relatives need a place to stay they could go to the college. In the event that a member or an investor's relative ends up incarcerated, the organization can work out bail, deliver commisary or allowance, pickup released inmates, or even house them close to home or work.

To balance the haves with the have-nots I would explain that supporting the homeless provides greater security, the revenue returns dividends, having a third-party handle court or corrections responsibilities engenders peace at home, or publishing forums, reddit, news, or edutainment encourages knowledgable input outside government.

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:38 pm

Bonfire wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:19 pm
To balance the haves with the have-nots I would explain that supporting the homeless provides greater security, the revenue returns dividends, having a third-party handle court or corrections responsibilities engenders peace at home, or publishing forums, reddit, news, or edutainment encourages knowledgable input outside government.
The more this discussion continues the more and more this new proposed structure sounds like some other thing I've heard mentioned before. Let's see what was it called ... government. Yes, that's it.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:42 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:38 pm
Bonfire wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:19 pm
The more this discussion continues the more and more this new proposed structure sounds like some other thing I've heard mentioned before. Let's see what was it called ... government. Yes, that's it.
Voluntary organization is not government since there is no monopoly on violence.

This proposal is to build a college that intercedes with the government or the church.

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:16 pm

Bonfire wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Voluntary organization is not government since there is no monopoly on violence.
So is it the case that everyone gets to be equally violent, then?

(Perhaps more seriously, or less) Is this proposal for a voluntary organization somehow related to libertarian principles?

Or ... how does it relate to concepts or implementations currently related to an HOA?
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:29 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:16 pm
Bonfire wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:42 pm
So is it the case that everyone gets to be equally violent, then?

(Perhaps more seriously, or less) Is this proposal for a voluntary organization somehow related to libertarian principles?

Or ... how does it relate to concepts or implementations currently related to an HOA?
And how does it differ from what’s already available today? Whether government, public entity, or private?

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:54 pm

Oh come on Red and Jeff... Can't you see that bonfire's "proposals" are the modern version of the United Order?

It's going to work!

Really!

Really Really!!!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:04 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:54 pm
Oh come on Red and Jeff... Can't you see that bonfire's "proposals" are the modern version of the United Order?

It's going to work!

Really!

Really Really!!!
I’m interested in why the focus is college campus directed?

At some point you graduate and get on with life.

Bonfire, are you currently a political science and pre-med student at Utah State?

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Remember, you can buy anything in this world with money.

Bonfire

Post by Bonfire » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:40 am

This is NOT the United Order nor an insult to the currently existing economic structures or power hierarchies.
College/University in the commonly understood sense would not be hindered. This is a separate organization.

Drug abusers, homeless, leasepayers that lose employment, or slandered/libelled citizens need a sanctuary to recover themselves.
The suggestion I am proposing is to create a building managed by locals rather than rely on police or corrections.

There is currently not a system in place to help released inmates get home, obtain employment, or rebuild their reputations.
The church does not provide a place to stay nor are homeless shelters adequate.

Gathering people prevents increased hurt by properly preparing a path rather than expecting perpetrators or probationers to be cast out.

--

In Exodus there are cities set up to protect people that are criminally accused so that they may receive a proper trial. This is necessary otherwise mobs may gather to destroy the innocent or incarcerate the not-guilty.

Modern culture with internet-connected smart phones demonstrate that social media is dangerous in spreading gossip.
No-cost communication, such as instant messaging or texts, betrays truth at the speaker/listener's convenience because their untruth costs nothing.

Truth cannot be the loudest lie. Isn't that what we are gathered here to discuss regarding the Latter-Day Saints?