Elder Ballard gives tithing records to Tim Ballard

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Elder Ballard gives tithing records to Tim Ballard

Post by 2bizE » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:07 pm

It appears in an amended lawsuit against Tim Ballard from Operation Underground Railroad (OUR):
"The Davis County Investigation, according to OUR’s own internal documents, revealed that Elder M. Russell Ballard and other authorities from the Mormon Church, provided Mormon tithing records to OUR to help OUR target wealthy donors and wealthy Mormon Church Wards. Id. at p. 7, ¶ 58 (f)."

https://www.scribd.com/document/6818633 ... llard-Case
~2bizE

Jeffret

Re: Elder Ballard gives tithing records to Tim Ballard

Post by Jeffret » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:04 pm

Dehlin has a fresh video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVtkI5UBWJk

And an Salt Lake Tribute article about the Sean Reyes connection here: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/11/03/ ... es-denies/
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:20 pm

I'm only on page 18 out of 135 and my head is spinning with the degree of disturbing craziness.

Quite a cast of characters: Tim Ballard, Glenn Beck, Mike Lee, Sean Reyes, Neil L. Anderson, M. Russell Ballard, the prophet Nephi, all conspiring together on a big money scam.

All of these people need to end up in prison. Tim will probably get roughed up a little but I predict the others will somehow skate through it as they always seem to do. One thing we cannot count on is that members of the church will hold their apostles accountable for bad behavior. And, of course, the politicians and church leaders will all have each others' backs. Nephi will be ok too; they don't seem to be able to find any DNA evidence to put him at the scene of the crime.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:30 am

Here’s a better link Stig posted on the other thread with all of the exhibits.

https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/51/ ... ba307b.pdf
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:23 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:20 pm
Quite a cast of characters: Tim Ballard, Glenn Beck, Mike Lee, Sean Reyes, Neil L. Anderson, M. Russell Ballard, the prophet Nephi, all conspiring together on a big money scam.
Sean Reyes is now the 3rd criminal Attorney General of Utah in a row. Reyes had previously run defense for Ballard in the Davis County investigation.

This Tithing List of Wealthy Donors needs to be included in the new class action lawsuit against the LDS Church.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:35 pm

In his letter, Beck says, "The Lord will clean out his own house first."

Does that mean the General Authorities who are not on board with Tim Ballard, and Visions of Glory have to be purged?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:52 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:35 pm
In his letter, Beck says, "The Lord will clean out his own house first."

Does that mean the General Authorities who are not on board with Tim Ballard, and Visions of Glory have to be purged?
Beck wrote that while he still figured Tim was innocent. When he (Beck) woke up to the fact that Ballard had hoodwinked him and a bunch of other people he did a quick about face. Plus, I think some GA's told him he could run afoul of church leadership if he didn't wise up.

This whole thing stinks so badly I don't think even flys could handle it. It shows a really slimy side to the Q15 and the sycophants they deal with.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:45 pm

Should I be offended that they didn't give my records to OUR? :roll:

Seriously, this is gross. The church sells its soul to the members that are able to give it connections and monetary resources. This is not the act of a loving God.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:28 pm

The church has now officially denied that Old Ballard gave tithing records to Young Ballard. Considering that they have been dishonest about the relationship between the two (and oh so many other things) should we believe them?

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:35 am

No never believe them I have seen to many times how they lie !! I am also a big fan of mormon stories with John Dehlin so that probably doesn't help. They have lied for 200 years now so why should anybody believe them !!
By their fruits ye shall know them

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:06 pm

Church leaders earned their reputation, whatever that reputation might be.
“President Ballard has never released tithing records to Operation Underground Railroad or any other organization,” the church spokesman said.
The following could be realities that would still make that statement technically true:
  1. President Ballard's secretary released the tithing records to OUR.
  2. President Ballard released tithing records to Tim Ballard personally. He didn't release them to an organization, he released them to an individual.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:24 pm

nibbler wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:06 pm
“President Ballard has never released tithing records to Operation Underground Railroad or any other organization,” the church spokesman said.
The following could be realities that would still make that statement technically true:
  2. President Ballard released tithing records to Tim Ballard personally. He didn't release them to an organization, he released them to an individual.
My thinking here is that Ballard didn't release the actual INFO (like a spreadsheet showing how much they paid), but instead gave them names of people to contact based on being big tithing payers.

That would get around that statement real easy... carefully worded denials and all that Mormon stuff.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:42 am

jfro18 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:24 pm
nibbler wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:06 pm
My thinking here is that Ballard didn't release the actual INFO (like a spreadsheet showing how much they paid), but instead gave them names of people to contact based on being big tithing payers.

That would get around that statement real easy... carefully worded denials and all that Mormon stuff.
Or, as the current evidence suggests, MR Ballard called up big tithe payers and convinced them to give to OUR. M Russell was a fundraiser for the private organization, apparently.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:54 am

blazerb wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:42 am
Or, as the current evidence suggests, MR Ballard called up big tithe payers and convinced them to give to OUR. M Russell was a fundraiser for the private organization, apparently.
Yeah that would fit in there nicely too - Ballard used tithing records to find the marks to raise money for Ballard, but never technically gave anyone else the tithing records themselves.

We'll never know for sure as the denials will continue, but there seem to be a lot of converging details with this story.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:36 am

jfro18 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:54 am
blazerb wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:42 am
Yeah that would fit in there nicely too - Ballard used tithing records to find the marks to raise money for Ballard, but never technically gave anyone else the tithing records themselves.

We'll never know for sure as the denials will continue, but there seem to be a lot of converging details with this story.
I should add that it could be all of the above ways. I also would not put it past the church to just lie and hope the evidence never comes out, also. It has happened before.