How long can I lie ?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Re: How long can I lie ?

Post by moksha » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:07 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:14 pm
moksha wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:23 pm
If you love me you will support the will of Aslan and fight for the right of Susan and Peter to sit on the throne at Cair Paravel. Otherwise, you need to climb back out the wardrobe door and return to Earth!!! You must be true blue to Narnia (TBN) or else.
I don't get it.
It is a plea to conform with a belief in Narnia to maintain marital bliss and family harmony. The Narnia Chronicles was a set of fantasy books involving the Pevensie children, written by C.S. Lewis (source of many General Conference quotations and even plagiarized speeches). Those not having an abiding faith in Narnia will only find the empty insides of the attic wardrobe and cannot join their relatives in passing over into the Kingdom of Narnia and abiding in the presence of Aslan. For those apostate individuals, Narnia exists only as a story. Best to pay your dues, and obey the earthly librarians (including standing when they enter the room and stepping up onto their pedestals).
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Angel

Re: How long can I lie ?

Post by Angel » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:41 am

Conman52 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 pm
Hi Nomies : Happy New Year to all. Just want to touch on something bothering me I have been pimo for many years but I still attend and participate in the tscc for Mrs Conman52. I just don't ever see the light at the end of the super loooong tunnel!! No end in sight . I have made my case against the church many many times to her she just is not AT ALL FAZED !! I am close to being the best at being undetected as a non believer just don't know when the end will ever come at being in the tscc. Anybody have any advice ????
The asch conformity experiment:

https://youtu.be/TYIh4MkcfJA?si=g6USyvOBtYxhOGfR

"the subject denies the evidence of his own eyes and yields to group influence"

but with a partner, yielding drops to only 5%....

but with a partner.....

groupthink is common, comfortable, many people never leave their ego-echo-chamber bubbles.

Plato's cave
https://youtu.be/69F7GhASOdM?si=yzlADgM-JjsZb39L

It's not an easy task to pull others out.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson