no NOMfrence?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
mooseman

no NOMfrence?

Post by mooseman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:49 am

so long time lurker....noticing no NOMfrence threads this weekend? have we all graduated past having to watch/listen in live time? It's always been useful for so i know what my family is blabbering on about....
It's frustrating to see the last resort in a discussion of facts be: I disregard those facts because of my faith. Why even talk about facts if the last resort is to put faith above all facts that are contrary to your faith?

moksha

Re: no NOMfrence?

Post by moksha » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:50 am

MoPag usually tells us what to do in this regard.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:04 pm

mooseman wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:49 am
so long time lurker....noticing no NOMfrence threads this weekend? have we all graduated past having to watch/listen in live time? It's always been useful for so i know what my family is blabbering on about....
I'm pretty sure that it's next weekend. At least they usually try to have it as close to April 6th as possible.

I'll try and double check for you though!!
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:06 pm

"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:57 pm

NOMference is this weekend and it's gonna kick a$$!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

græy

Post by græy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:44 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:57 pm
NOMference is this weekend and it's gonna kick a$$!!!!
If we're home I'll definitely tune into NOMference, but I'm hoping weather cooperates and I can get my family out camping, waiting for the eclipse and avoiding as much church as possible.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:21 am

mooseman wrote:
have we all graduated past having to watch/listen in live time?
Perhaps, but it would appear many of us have graduated past knowing which weekend conference falls on. ;)
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:11 am

I watch.

It's like observing a train wreck in very slow motion.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

mooseman

Post by mooseman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:24 am

AllieOop wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:04 pm
mooseman wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it's next weekend. At least they usually try to have it as close to April 6th as possible.

My bad! my younger sister just had her first child and lives outside the Mordor. My mom went up last week, but my Dad is a janitor for the MFMC and said he can't go up there until Monday since "it's all hands on deck for conference"--Made me think it was THIS weekend; must just be prepping or something. I tend to tune out when he talks about what an honor is it to clean the prophets office. Thanks!
It's frustrating to see the last resort in a discussion of facts be: I disregard those facts because of my faith. Why even talk about facts if the last resort is to put faith above all facts that are contrary to your faith?

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:44 am

mooseman wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:24 am
AllieOop wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:04 pm
mooseman wrote:

My bad! my younger sister just had her first child and lives outside the Mordor. My mom went up last week, but my Dad is a janitor for the MFMC and said he can't go up there until Monday since "it's all hands on deck for conference"--Made me think it was THIS weekend; must just be prepping or something. I tend to tune out when he talks about what an honor is it to clean the prophets office. Thanks!
Congrats on the new baby! Come hang out for NOMference if you want! :D
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 am

Great to hear from you Mooseman!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."