Strange Results from Heaven War

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Strange Results from Heaven War

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:47 pm

Even though anchovies, black licorice, and the internal organs of animals (especially beef liver, but not so much for foie gras and optional tripe in Pho) were vastly unvaliant in the Heaven Wars, the religious repudiation by the Lord's true Church unjustly falls on the Tea and Coffee plants. These plants were way more valiant than oysters or beets. This makes little sense since green tea is the healthiest drink available.

Why are these prohibitions from the Heaven War so strange?

Does anyone agree with me that baklava was the most valiant pastry?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Re: Strange Results from Heaven War

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:21 pm

I’ll give you baklava as a most valiant pastry.
I used to be fed tripe in menudo and it often tasted and smelled like you might think. Surely that was more offensive than the bold and inspiring smell of mountain grown coffee.
~2bizE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:04 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:21 pm
I used to be fed tripe in menudo and it often tasted and smelled like you might think.
Once when tracting on my mission we went into a home that smelled like an open sewer. I asked, "is everything ok? Do you have a broken pipe?" They answered, "No. we're cooking menudo!"
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:50 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:04 pm
Once when tracting on my mission we went into a home that smelled like an open sewer. I asked, "is everything ok? Do you have a broken pipe?" They answered, "No. we're cooking menudo!"
Menudo is in but tea and coffee are out. Makes you think menudo was not very valiant during the Heaven War.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:53 am

Here is a brief documentary on Utah's strangeness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_U_rzlVVdA
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:34 pm

Michelangelo's statue David can be shown in Salt Lake if you cover its nakedness with LDS garments and the statue keeps them on day and night.
-- Moksha