NOMference Eve Spring 2024!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference Eve Spring 2024!!

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:19 pm

Hello ward family! I've missed you all so much!!!

It's that special time of year again. Tomorrow we will hear what Rusty thinks Mormon god is telling him. We will probably also hear about how Oaks still hates the gays, and we will hear Eyring cry.

We're probably not going to hear about the really high-profile Mormon criminals (Chad and Lori Daybell, Tim Ballard, Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrant) that just keep popping up over and over again. Or the fact that all of these monsters can trace their destructive beliefs to a book the church hasn't denounced... https://www.youtube.com/live/NMAR88PiaZ ... voqHb_gILb

I'm sure we'll hear some thinly veiled attacks on the brave sisters who instigated the Instagram firestorm a few weeks ago. ( https://www.youtube.com/live/AFQa-aXYGA ... YfHU2Jp5O0) and https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/22/us/m ... =url-share

But what can we really expect? I mean during a global pandemic the best they could come up with was this cheap catch phrase "Think Celestial" :roll: :roll:

To those of you who've just moved into the NOM ward or those of you visiting, let me explain what NOMference is. We are going to hang out on a live thread and watch GC together. Each speaker in GC starts with a score of 0. It's up to us to decide how crap or good their talk is. You get to award points or take them away. We try to keep it around Hogwarts House points styles mostly 5s, 10s, 20s. But if you're really feeling it, go for it! And you can post funny memes or stories, eat an edible, just do whatever you need to do to get through the weekend.

Hop on NOM and join in the fun or just check in from time to time. You do you. Oh, but be sure to drink a coffee drink for and in behalf of someone stuck at GC. :D

Love you guys! See you in the morning!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

jfro18

Re: NOMference Eve Spring 2024!!

Post by jfro18 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:19 am

NOMference is the best way to experience GenCon! Looking forward to following along! :D

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:38 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:19 pm
But what can we really expect? I mean during a global pandemic the best they could come up with was this cheap catch phrase "Think Celestial" :roll: :roll:
C'mon now. We also got a historic proclamation... about something or other.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am

nibbler wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:38 am
MoPag wrote:
Oh, that's right.... I completely forgot about that and even right now can't remember what it was about. :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:42 am

I think it was, "We really do believe all that stuff Joseph Smith said. No, really. Hey, I'm being serious."

I don't know why they needed a proclamation for that, other than Nelson wanting to issue a proclamation during his tenure.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:52 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am
nibbler wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:38 am
MoPag wrote:
Oh, that's right.... I completely forgot about that and even right now can't remember what it was about. :lol:
Don't forget the Magick (Mr.) Hankey Wave!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...