NOMference Spring 2024 Sunday morning!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

Re: NOMference Spring 2024 Sunday morning!!!

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am

Oh thank Gods that's over....
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Advocate

Post by Advocate » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:36 am

-20 for talking about garments and not quoting the actual language used in the temple when the garment is placed upon the wearer.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 am

Advocate wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:36 am
-20 for talking about garments and not quoting the actual language used in the temple when the garment is placed upon the wearer.
They never seem to remember that part... :lol:

alas

Post by alas » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:48 am

I couldn’t really follow, because my husband is listening on his phone in the other room, but Oaks talk was one of his worst ever. He went so far overboard on the word “covenant”, that it started to sound just ridiculous, like every third to every other word, and he emphasized it, like maybe he is afraid we might realize that we actually did not covenant to wear the ugly underwear. Nope, I NEVER promised I would wear the ugly underwear. I was simply instructed that I was to wear it throughout my life. The ugly underwear is symbolic of clothing given to Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness. OK, so I will promise not to run around in public naked.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:42 pm

alas wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:48 am
I couldn’t really follow, because my husband is listening on his phone in the other room, but Oaks talk was one of his worst ever. He went so far overboard on the word “covenant”, that it started to sound just ridiculous, like every third to every other word, and he emphasized it, like maybe he is afraid we might realize that we actually did not covenant to wear the ugly underwear. Nope, I NEVER promised I would wear the ugly underwear. I was simply instructed that I was to wear it throughout my life. The ugly underwear is symbolic of clothing given to Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness. OK, so I will promise not to run around in public naked.
It was a mindf-ck for sure!!!!!

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:23 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:14 am
Oh lord... Oaks is the closing speaker....
He'll put an end to that Loving Jesus idea. Show the world that the LDS Church is not inclusive and down with that "woke" loving your fellow humans.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Random

Post by Random » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm

alas wrote:
I've heard an interesting theory (I heard it from my mom first when I was probably a teenager) that the "coat of skins" given to Adam and Eve were mortal bodies, after they lost their "clothing" of Light. If that is the case, then we already have something to cover our nakedness.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

alas

Post by alas » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:16 am

Random wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm
alas wrote:
I've heard an interesting theory (I heard it from my mom first when I was probably a teenager) that the "coat of skins" given to Adam and Eve were mortal bodies, after they lost their "clothing" of Light. If that is the case, then we already have something to cover our nakedness.
They tell us it is symbolic until they want us to take it literally.