NOMference Spring 2024 Sunday afternoon!!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

Re: NOMference Spring 2024 Sunday afternoon!!!!

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:38 pm

Mormorrisey wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:34 pm
Of course I have to listen to the worst session. That was bad from start to finish. Thanks again, Mopag, for allowing ranting to take place. Better than sitting in silence!
It was the worst session!

At least we can suffer together as a ward family. :)
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:39 pm

Many thanks to President Mopag! I could only handle a little of this today, but my NOM friends made it bearable.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:55 pm

DPRoberts wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:39 pm
Many thanks to President Mopag! I could only handle a little of this today, but my NOM friends made it bearable.
Exactly!!!

Yes....thank you Mopag and all others who contributed to the GC threads :)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 pm

DPRoberts wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:16 pm
Good makeup work. Great tan on a 99 year old. Looks surprisingly well for his age given how unforgiving 4K cameras can be.
My wife and I both commented immediately that he's been "botoxed" and done fillers. Seriously, they've done something with him. That's pretty vain at his age. You know he had to ask for it.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Conman52

Post by Conman52 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:32 pm

Thanks President Mopag for a good Nomference.
By their fruits ye shall know them

Random

Post by Random » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:37 pm

I came over here specifically to read the NOMference comments. Thanks, MoPag. I appreciate it, even though I rarely come here nowadays.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:19 pm

Thank you, MoPag!!!

I think Elder Stevenson and President Oaks both oppose the second portion of the Great Commandments: Love our neighbor, because it runs afoul of the Brethren's white-hot anger toward the LGBTQ community. They are willing to throw this prime teaching of Jesus under the bus to satisfy this deficiency in their way of being.

No wonder young members of good conscience are fleeing the Church.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha