Psychics & Ballards

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Just This Guy

Psychics & Ballards

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:58 pm

In the latest round of lawsuits around the Tim Ballard mess, the lawsuit claims that Tim Ballard's staff psychic also was employed by M. Russel Ballard as his personal psychic.

It will be interesting if they can present any actual evidence of this or if it is all just hearsay.
Additionally, the amendments to the lawsuit claim that President Ballard used the same psychic as Tim Ballard — Janet Russon, who is also listed as a defendant — to advise him on how to proceed “in all aspects” of his life.

“Some witnesses have claimed that Janet Russon was President Ballard’s personal psychic, and that President Ballard vouched for her psychic powers,” the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit also says another man received visions of Tim Ballard and shared those visions with President Ballard.
https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/ba ... s-apostle/
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Angel

Re: Psychics & Ballards

Post by Angel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:36 pm

Lol. I really hope they have evidence.

I know a Mormon psychic - people pay her for prayers, essential oils, rocks, chacra? all kinds of new age posters, herbs, etc. Energy work etc?

Chi / Taoist - some of that energy stuff is kind of interesting....

Somehow it is creepy from someone who is Mormon though :(
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:23 pm

We have Mormon friends here who have a Mormon "seeing holistic healer" who, over the phone, diagnosed the herbal deficiency that was causing the wife's hip problem from 110 miles away. "She's amazing", said the wife.

8 months later she finally went in and had her arthritic hip replaced.....
She's much better now. ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 pm

Mormons just believe, so what's wrong with having a personal psychic?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed May 01, 2024 6:53 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 pm
Mormons just believe, so what's wrong with having a personal psychic?
His gift of discernment led him to accept Janet Russon, not Russel Nelson, as a more reliable source of revelation for his own life. Gotta love it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 am

Palerider wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:23 pm
We have Mormon friends here who have a Mormon "seeing holistic healer" who, over the phone, diagnosed the herbal deficiency that was causing the wife's hip problem from 110 miles away. "She's amazing", said the wife.
I'm seeing more of this lately. Our RS president has an "energy healer." I'm wondering when it will appear on the church's radar as a problem equal to drinking green tea or gardening in yoga pants, and they will try to crack down on it. The fact that it seems to appeal more to women should send up all kinds of red flags for them. Women are taking some control of their lives by trying to find something that works for them better than the lame-ass priesthood of their husbands. It seems wacky and woo to many of us, but it works just as well as priesthood magic. Probably better overall, because some of these practitioners actually have some medical knowledge.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Wed May 01, 2024 8:18 am

Hagoth wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 am
Women are taking some control of their lives by trying to find something that works for them better than the lame-ass priesthood of their husbands.
You know, I should have asked them if a priesthood blessing had been attempted, but Mrs. Palerider is kicking me under the table enough as it is when I question some lds doctrine and practices when we all go to dinner.
I probably would have gotten the "faith NOT to be healed" speech. Now THAT'S some powerful priesthood. 👏 :D
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

alas

Post by alas » Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 am

My MIL was into some of the psychic stuff and saw no conflict with her Mormon beliefs. But she was also into NDE and seeing her dead relatives and other kinds of woo woo. And the more you know about Joseph Smith and the crazy stuff he was into, it is not so far fetched to understand Mormons into psychic stuff.