Happy Father's Day NOM Dads!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Happy Father's Day NOM Dads!

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:18 am

This morning I went for my first ride on the new e-bike I bought myself for Fathers Day. I passed a lot of somber men in white shirts and ties trudging their way to church, and verily, I sh!t you not, the voice of The Lord spake unto me, saying, "Life is good!"

May your Fathers Day bring equal joy!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Angel

Re: Happy Father's Day NOM Dads!

Post by Angel » Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:01 pm

Happy Father's Day! It's a day of work for our family, we'll reschedule and find a different day to celebrate. May all days be holidays, any excuse to treat yourself and others well.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Linked

Post by Linked » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:23 pm

Happy Father's Day!

I supported my family at sacrament meeting, but to celebrate the day played retro video games on my phone the whole time. And accidently pulled the hair of the lady in front of me. I could have sworn it was not attached to her head.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:58 pm

My wife had to play piano for the singing children, so I accompanied her to sac mtg so she didn't have sit by herself.

It wasn't terrible and I got the token chocolate chip cookie handed out to the dads following the meeting. I've now attended sac meeting on Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day and father's day just like a good Catholic.

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:26 pm

We need a Bachelors Day to celebrate those who don’t qualify for the Fathers day
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.