Great interview on Radio West

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Raylan Givens

Great interview on Radio West

Post by Raylan Givens » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

A lot of this resonated with me. Especially the idea of focusing not on who Jesus/God is (whether he died on cross and was resurrected), but on what he wants us to do and be.

Let me know what you think...

http://radiowest.kuer.org/post/biblical-literalism-0
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

RubinHighlander

Re: Great interview on Radio West

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:09 am

I started listening to this last night, but couldn't finish it and picked it up this morning. That was awesome! He really nails it! I could actually go to his church and enjoy the sermon.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

BringEmYoung

Post by BringEmYoung » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for posting. I'm excited to listen to this on my commute home tonight.

w2mz

Post by w2mz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:29 pm

I listened to this podcast today instead of going to EQ. This was awesome. He gets it. Favorite quote was what his daughter stated about the Christian church "You keep answering questions that no one cares about anymore." That is how I feel at church now. It seems so irrelevant. And thoughtful discussion is discouraged for apathetic regurgitation of the same pablum week over week.

I enjoyed this podcast a lot.
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth