Welcome NOM refugees to NOM 2.0

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Zadok

Re: Welcome NOM refugees to NOM 2.0

Post by Zadok » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:03 pm

alas wrote:I guess I should chime in on this tread too. Thank you to the great guys who set up our new home. I was about to have to steal "lost's" user name cause I felt so lost.
Hey...Alas, they even let me back. You're in deep trouble now. (grin).
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:28 pm

So glad that this is here. I can't believe how much I missed it. I did enjoy seeing familiar names popping up on other forums, reddit, and in other places - even on some old comment threads on podcasts. I've been trying to think of a new name because I never much liked this one, but whatever. I'm back!

Ho Lee Turtle

Post by Ho Lee Turtle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Thank you to all who made NOM 2.0 a reality. I was a fairly new lurker on the old version for several months, but hadn't joined before it became impossible to do so (I tried). When it went away, I felt I had lost many good friends. When the new version appeared, I joined right away. So glad to see many familiar names appearing here again. Thank you.

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:48 am

Last Saturday I was thinking it was time to stop randomly checking on NOM for good but I got curios about someone possibly starting a new site and was rewarded for searching! :D Thank you for all the hard work Corsair, Hagoth, Red Ryder, Captain Salty and anyone else who helped! It is definitely a needed site.

I didn't want to be fooled me twice again. That name was another way for me to be hard on myself.
Since my last post on NOM, my life took a ..uh... let's just stick with the word turn... but things are settled, on the surface at least, and I'm going back to college. It's been a year now since my belief fell apart and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks again for putting the new site together. There are great people here and I would be proud to know any of you in real life. I look forward to the laughs, the wit, and having my mind stretched.
Last edited by Lithium Sunset on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Fifi de la Vergne

Post by Fifi de la Vergne » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:00 am

Ho Lee Turtle wrote:Thank you to all who made NOM 2.0 a reality. I was a fairly new lurker on the old version for several months, but hadn't joined before it became impossible to do so (I tried). When it went away, I felt I had lost many good friends. When the new version appeared, I joined right away. So glad to see many familiar names appearing here again. Thank you.
H.L. Turtle: as a former lurker/new poster, you are cordially invited to introduce yourself over on the Introductions Forum! I love to hear other people's stories -- and welcome!
Joy is the emotional expression of the courageous Yes to one's own true being.

Offbeat

Post by Offbeat » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:56 am

I also wanted to thank you guys for NOM 2.0. I was just a lurker over at NOM 1.0. I did post about 10 or so times back in 2014 though. It's good to see you all here in our new home.
Thank you again! :D

NotKeepingQuiet

Post by NotKeepingQuiet » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:34 am

As a professional lurker, I have desperately missed all of you! It feels like a family reunion. :D

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:49 am

GoodBoy in the house!

I missed all you reprobates. And I was getting way too much done at work.

A huge thank you for resurrecting it!

I'm a little sad about the loss of all the historical posts on the old site. It was a wealth of information and experience. Here's to hoping that there is a way to get access to those someday.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:23 am

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to chime in and say thank you to Hagoth, Corsair, and Red Ryder (did I miss someone??) for taking all the time required to set this up. It means a lot to all of us.
Formerly SBClosetMom :)

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:45 am

StarbucksMom wrote:Hi everyone,
I just wanted to chime in and say thank you to Hagoth, Corsair, and Red Ryder (did I miss someone??) for taking all the time required to set this up. It means a lot to all of us.
Formerly SBClosetMom :)
Welcome back! So glad to see you!
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

trophywife26.2

Post by trophywife26.2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:05 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA. I thought NOM was off to a slow start and I didn't check in for a few days, but this place is blowing up! I LOVE IT!!!!! We are like a rough stone rolling. And about the skepticism/stolen identities I guess I'll just have to prove I'm me over time 8-)
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:52 pm

GoodBoy wrote:

I missed all you reprobates. And I was getting way too much done at work.
Goodboy,
This made me laugh out loud. And, it's so good to see you too!

oximormon

Post by oximormon » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 am

Ill add my thanks to the reboot of NOM, thanks to RedRyder, Corsair, and who ever else was complicit in establishing our new home on the net.
Just a bummer the new website domain is blocked for me at work, probably just as well.

If we can now change the colour to green, and put avatars on the left, all will be well with the world :D

Oxi

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:16 am

oximormon wrote:Ill add my thanks to the reboot of NOM, thanks to RedRyder, Corsair, and who ever else was complicit in establishing our new home on the net.
Just a bummer the new website domain is blocked for me at work, probably just as well.

If we can now change the colour to green, and put avatars on the left, all will be well with the world :D

Oxi
Awesome avatar Oxi!
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:25 am

oximormon wrote:Ill add my thanks to the reboot of NOM, thanks to RedRyder, Corsair, and who ever else was complicit in establishing our new home on the net.

Oxi
I'm not sure about moving the avatars to the left, but I have seen phpBB addons to change the color scheme. I'll see what I can do.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Even though I haven't been posting as much lately, I have been in NOM withdrawal for the last month. I really missed it during conference. Thank you for bring it back.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 am

I'm back....like a bad habit, or maybe herpes. Take your pick.

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 am

Hermey wrote:I'm back....like a bad habit, or maybe herpes. Take your pick.
Yay! you found us! I was hoping you'd find your way back to NOM. I always think of you on Sunday's about coffee and church time! :D Give my love to the all those at St. Judas!
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

crazyhamster

Post by crazyhamster » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:23 am

*wanders in from forty days in the desert*

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:33 pm

So good to see you Hermey, and Crazy Hamster, and Corsair, Korihor!