New Videos from the Church about Acceptance and Tolerance

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
GoodBoy

New Videos from the Church about Acceptance and Tolerance

Post by GoodBoy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm

There are some great videos that the church recently put out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHq1HCi ... J4mEcj_U5x

These are honestly pretty good stuff and hopefully it will make everyone a little more accepting and tolerant. It is full of brown skinned-actors. They advocate coming to church to feel Christ's love and acceptance.

Some additional thoughts:
* Christ's love and acceptance is available to non-Mormons... something I don't think that they considered.
* The exclusionary ideas come, at least in part, from the brethren. (Don't fall into a "tolerance trap.")
* Actions prove that they don't really value diversity. People with diverse opinions or beliefs are explicitly told to keep their mouths shut and are excommunicated for not doing so. Their ideas, beliefs and opinions are not valued at all. I've also heard it argued on social media many times that "If you don't believe, just leave!" Do they value diversity in Deacon shirt color? Do they value diversity in the gender of their leadership? How about the state or country of origin of the church leaders? Political beliefs? The examples of the church's lack of tolerance for diversity are many.
* In my experience, Ex-Mormons can be just as intolerant of diverse opinions and beliefs as they accuse TBMs of being. Many want to force people into "good-guy" or "bad-guy" categories, when in reality neither are correct. These videos can be an admonishment to us as well as to TBMs to be open-minded, considerate, tolerant and loving of our TBM friends and family.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.