NEW INFO ON REDACTED BYU POLICE REPORTS

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
consiglieri

Re: NEW INFO ON REDACTED BYU POLICE REPORTS

Post by consiglieri » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 pm

If you want a chuckle, dig how the denizens of Mormon Dialogue and Discussion Board are dealing with this issue:

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/704 ... after-mtc/

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm

consiglieri wrote:If you want a chuckle, dig how the denizens of Mormon Dialogue and Discussion Board are dealing with this issue:

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/704 ... after-mtc/
That MormonMason is something else. Quite the list of scriptural references about the spirit causing intentional deceptions. He left out the most obvious Jacob and Esau story though.

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 pm

It was rather fun that Calmoriah's suggestion to google search "redacted police report McKenna Denson" lead to this page.

Have not read the entire Mormon D&D thread, but I am anticipating that Calm and Smac will volunteer to waterboard Consiglieri and the "mole in the BYU police department" until they confess to some unspecified apologetic charge.

Pretty sure it would be a series of inspired waterboarding sessions, Smac will bring his particular skill set as a lawyer and Calm will bring the know-how of FAIRMormon.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

John G.

Post by John G. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Radio Free Mormon is Great! Keep up the good work!
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 am

New episode going up Sunday morning titled, "BYU Police Report Bombshells."

At the end, I go into the paragraph on page 4 of the David Jordan Letter I teased in a prior episode.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:51 pm

A question popped into my head while listening to the latest episode.
Is there forthcoming evidence that Monson would have known the details of McKenna's assault at the MTC? Seems like McKenna herself could detail what questioning took place in the interview for re-entering missionary service.

Question 2:
Maybe I missed this detail earlier. When the third party attorney hired by the church to create the dossier on McKenna leaked it to Greg Bishop, was that accidental or intentional, and if intentional do we have evidence the church instructed the attorney to leak the information or was it purely a blunder?

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 am

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:30 pm
The meeting with Monson is made more mysterious by the fact McKenna had told nobody about the attack at the MTC.

If Monson's meeting with McKenna had anything to do with Joseph Bishop, it would seem he would have had to learn it from some other source.

Or maybe just how frisky Joseph Bishop was being with other sister missionaries.

What makes absolutely no sense to me is why a nobody sister missionary would be meeting with an apostle to get cleared for returning to the mission field.
What is the recourse if the ByuPd does not provide the unredacted transcript and audio as allowed by the law?
~2bizE

mooseman

Post by mooseman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 am

Forgive me if i missed something, i love RFM podcast but...so what if she meet with Monson? By her own admission, sge didnt day anything about the assualts at the time, so its doubtful he was involved in the coverup then or later, since his mind was gone/going by the time she really started pushing back....
So why redact it and why make a big deal that they did?
It's frustrating to see the last resort in a discussion of facts be: I disregard those facts because of my faith. Why even talk about facts if the last resort is to put faith above all facts that are contrary to your faith?