Real Housewifes of SLC

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Just This Guy

Real Housewifes of SLC

Post by Just This Guy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 am

No, I am not making this up. They are making a Real Housewives of Salt Lake City show...

https://people.com/tv/the-real-housewiv ... announced/

One more reason I'm glad I don't have cable.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

2bizE

Re: Real Housewifes of SLC

Post by 2bizE » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:43 pm

I’m hoping trophywife gets involved in this. We need NOM on TV.
~2bizE

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Did they not already do that on Sister Wives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:27 pm

If it was really based in SLC then they would have only 1 stay at home mom and the rest conservative liberal women, maybe even a lesbian couple. But, it looks they want to dig into the mormon culture quite a bit. I've never see any episodes of this show, but if they do focus on the successful rich, white mormon families, it's sure to provide evidence of the class system in morcore and marginalize all those members in the lower income areas. Heap on the guilt! Might be some good internet memes come out of it.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:36 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:27 pm
I've never see any episodes of this show,...
It's a total train wreck & sh*tshow. Can't wait for SLC version! I'm not a regular viewer, but I will watch this one in hopes of seeing a good crash.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Oh my heck! Sisters Betty-Sue and Eldora would be great for this show, they really amplify the gospel! And what about that bishop's wife in the 5th ward? She is good at home canning and playing the piano in Junior Sunday School.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:11 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Oh my heck! Sisters Betty-Sue and Eldora would be great for this show, they really amplify the gospel! And what about that bishop's wife in the 5th ward? She is good at home canning and playing the piano in Junior Sunday School.
I wonder if they could somehow including the Relief Society sisters of Parowan? Or maybe a nosy sister like the old Mrs Cravitz on "Bewitched" with Elizabeth Montgomery? Man I had such a crush on her as a kid........LOL!
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:45 pm

I’ve never watched one episode of the real housewives (or desperate housewives), but I might watch an episode or two of the SL ladies.
We should guess where the women will be from and what they will look/act like.
Since I’ve never seen the show, are there only wealthy women on the show?

1) alpine, enhanced breasts, LDS
~2bizE

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:47 pm

I can't wait!!!!! :lol: :lol:
It's going to be so horrifically awful!!!
Maybe I'll do a watch party thread on NOM.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound