RFM & Terryl Givens - interesting insights

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
alas

Re: RFM & Terryl Givens - interesting insights

Post by alas » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am

Over at Common Concentration there is a 2017 discussion titled plans of salvation that gets into various views of the plan of salvation. Sorry that I can’t do links on an iPad and I have no computer. If someone else could look it up and link to it, please, I would appreciate it. I found it by following a link from the current post.

But it seems there have been several variations on the plan of salvation, with progression between kingdoms believed by many until BR McConkie said it was one of 7 deadly heresies. Seems the common one today is closest to the one BHRoberts taught. But earlier in church history, this was not chiseled in concrete and there were several different ideas running around, such as progression between kingdoms, whether spirits are born, or organized, whether intelligences were intelligent or just material that spirits were formed out of. This article shows the PLS as taught by the B of M, then goes through various conceptions of PLS from BY to Bruce R McC. Worth a read.

jfro18

Re: RFM & Terryl Givens - interesting insights

Post by jfro18 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:41 am

alas wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am
Over at Common Concentration there is a 2017 discussion titled plans of salvation that gets into various views of the plan of salvation. Sorry that I can’t do links on an iPad and I have no computer. If someone else could look it up and link to it, please, I would appreciate it. I found it by following a link from the current post.
I'm stuck @ work so will have to read later, but I believe this is the link: https://bycommonconsent.com/2017/05/22/ ... salvation/