SM talk topics correlated

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Korihor

SM talk topics correlated

Post by Korihor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Our stake was recently split and now we have a new presidency. In SM today they sustained new High Priests and a few new Stake callings.

The talk given today in SMwas about priesthood, the proper hierarchy, why it's so important, who does what. On and on and on.

Any chance it was planned to sustain new leaders followed by 20 minutes of reminding how important leaders are?
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

2bizE

Re: SM talk topics correlated

Post by 2bizE » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Every time I have seen leader changes I hear this same dogma. How important the priesthood is. How leaders are called. There is always a big story about how inspired the leader was to call the new leader. How through fasting and prayer and great coincidence the new leader was recommended. Another portion of the talk is on following the new leader, etc.
~2bizE

Meilingkie

Re: SM talk topics correlated

Post by Meilingkie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:53 am

It's how you drill in obedience.
So leaders can and do get away with anything.
Such as my previous SP...... Even near the end people said: remember elder Bednars words??
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"