-800 Units in Europe

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
no1saint

Re: -800 Units in Europe

Post by no1saint » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 am

oliblish wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 am
no1saint wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:51 am
Just bumping this thread. Are there any updates on closures?

With only 1,444 units in Europe, closing 800 would be devastating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Churc ... ics#Europe
http://ldsunitgrowth.blogspot.com/2017/

According to the website above, so far in 2017 (as of July 17th) these countries have lost this number of units:

Netherlands: -7
Belgium: -6
England: -3
Ireland: -1
Germany: -2
Spain: -2
Portugal: -3

So that is 24 units closed that I have found. Some countries I checked had no changes.
I don't want to disparage the original poster considering he lives in Europe, but 800 seems awfully large. Perhaps there are 800 drastically underperforming. Then again, look at what has happened in Chile, this could be a slow burn reduction over 10 years.

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:53 pm

no1saint wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 am
oliblish wrote:

According to the website above, so far in 2017 (as of July 17th) these countries have lost this number of units:

So that is 24 units closed that I have found. Some countries I checked had no changes.
I don't want to disparage the original poster considering he lives in Europe, but 800 seems awfully large. Perhaps there are 800 drastically underperforming. Then again, look at what has happened in Chile, this could be a slow burn reduction over 10 years.
I believe it was clarified later that the 800 number was the number of units affected, not the number of units closed. Much of this will be consolidation of units. So maybe 7 wards will be consolidated down to 5 wards in one area. So 7 wards are affected but only 2 shut down.

The Netherlands and Belgium appear to be hit the hardest. Ant this is where the original poster is from.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:16 pm

oliblish wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:53 pm
no1saint wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 am
oliblish wrote:

I believe it was clarified later that the 800 number was the number of units affected, not the number of units closed. Much of this will be consolidation of units. So maybe 7 wards will be consolidated down to 5 wards in one area. So 7 wards are affected but only 2 shut down.

The Netherlands and Belgium appear to be hit the hardest. Ant this is where the original poster is from.
That makes more sense. You would see that type of trend here in Australia and New Zealand if it wasn't for the large Pacific Peoples population that have shifted here in the past 10 years.

Journey

Post by Journey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:52 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... nt/dkyilt2

Not sure if the link works, but here's an update from Meilingkie:
Dutch implosion... 30% of units shutting this year.
u/kristmace
If any of you are part of the Mormon Stories FB group, there's an excellent post there today about major announcements of unit closures in Netherlands and Dutch speaking Belgium. Here's the summary.

At the start of 2017 there were 46 Dutch speaking units.

3 have shut already this year
6 more closures were announced today
2 units are set to close in May
3 more closures heavily rumoured (The OP says he has a very good source on this).
14 out of 46 is 30%. This is a staggering implosion. Happy Easter guys!

You are viewing a single comment's thread.View the rest of the comments
Meilingkie • 10d
Hello, here an update. The mergers happened. Now 3 months later most of the new combined units are back at thhe size they were before the mergers. Result: a net outflow of members.

Myself: in the podcast I still selfidentified as an active member. Not anymore, we as a family have put the Church at a solid distance. I'm attending a evangelicak Church myself on some sundays.